Austin Delays Referendum
- Voters reject garage repair bond issue. Korando, Russell // St. Charles Journal;11/14/2012, Vol. 47 Issue 46, pA1
The article reports that voters in Saint Charles, Missouri gave their approval on two bond issues aimed at building public works and safety facilities on the November 6, 2012 ballot but rejected a third bond issue. The rejected bond issue involved the proposed renovation of the City Hall parking...
- Very Superstitious. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;8/8/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32440, p33
The article reports on the decision of the Dallas City Council to present the city's bond request to voters as 11 or 12 individual propositions in Dallas, Texas. To avoid a Proposition 13, Councilwoman Maxine Thornton-Reese urged her colleagues to avoid a list with 13 items or more. She believes...
- Election results. Haywood, Charlesetta // Bond Buyer;10/16/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30253, p14
Presents referendum results in Mississippi and Oklahoma for planned municipal bond offerings. Includes approval in the Oxford School District, Mississippi; Davis School District, Oklahoma; Murray County, Oklahoma.
- Austin to Seek Voters' Approval for $90 Million of Transportation GOs. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;8/9/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33363, p31
The article reports on the planned ballot measure on the 90 million-transportation general obligation bonds in Austin, Texas to be held in November 2010.
- San Antonio Sets GO Date. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;2/21/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33666, p7
The article reports that the San Antonio City Council in Texas has set the election date for the city's request for 596 million dollars of general obligation (GO) bond authority to finance infrastructure projects on May 12, 2012.
- ARIZONA Tucson's Pricey Pamphlet. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;7/24/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33752, p9
The article informs that Tucson, Arizona residents have been asked to submit their opinion in the official voter pamphlet on the Arizona city's 100 million U.S. dollars general obligation bond referendum.
- Bond measures win big with voters. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;11/4/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30762, p1
Discusses the results of municipal bond-related referendums held in November 1999 in the United States. Voters' approval for proposed municipal bonds to help finance government projects; Voters' rejection of sports-related bonds.
- Voters support bond-friendly policies and candidates. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;11/4/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30762, p17
Reports on the November 2, 1999, municipal bond-related referendums in the United States. Includes Washington state voters' approval for the Initiative 695, a tax limitation measure; Ohio voters' agreement to proposed constitutional amendments allowing the state legislature to approve general...
- TEXAS: Where One Vote Mattered. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;5/21/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33915, p9
The article reports that general obligation bond referendum of 30 million U.S. dollars proposed by the Plemons-Stinnett-Phillips Consolidated Independent School District of Texas has passed by a single vote at the polls on May 11, 2013.