- Tuition Tribulations. Ducharme, Wendy // Business NH Magazine;Aug2004, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p25
Focuses on financial burdens imposed on New Hampshire's (NH) private colleges and universities. Tuition; Diversion of sums of money from financial aid or operating expenses to pay municipal property taxes; Challenges facing higher education in NH.
- Legislative Update. // Education Week;03/03/99, Vol. 18 Issue 25, p30
Presents a summary of United States governors' education budget proposals for fiscal year 2000. Equalization of funding in Connecticut; Decrease in property taxes for residents age 65 or older in Delaware; Campaign pledge to devote 51% of state revenues to education and workforce training in...
- Piano, Texas, ISD Plans $93M Ahead of Suits. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;1/3/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33641, p1
The article reports that Plano Independent School District (ISD) in Plano, Texas will release 92.8 million dollars of bonds to accommodate its growing population of students before its litigation on school funding law. It mentions that the money will be used for the renovation and expansion of...
- Mansfield ISD to Vote. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/14/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32319, p29
The article reports that the board of trustees for the Mansfield Independent School District has approved obligation bond question to voters on May 13, 2006 in Texas. The school district is finishing up an earlier authorization and will open four elementary schools and a high school by 2008. The...
- Massachusetts Agency Readies $485M of Student Loan Debt. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;3/26/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32594, p40
The article reports on the move of the Massachusetts Educational Financing Authority to sell $485.4 million of tax-exempt and taxable education loan revenue bonds. The initiative aims to help roughly 500 student loans in 2007-2008 school year. The deal will provide $285.4 million of tax-exempt...
- Texas School District Readies $80M Competitive Deal. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/1/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31335, p3
Reports the selling of obligation bonds in the Cypress-Fair Banks Independent school District in Texas. Acceptance of hand carried bids and bids via fax; Approval of bond authorization in the suburban housing district; Exemption of the local property taxes.
- Dallas City Council Agrees to Hike Property Taxes, Cut Services. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;10/1/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31482, p34
Reports the move of the City Council to raise property taxes in Dallas, Texas. Percentage of the increase; Purpose of the initiative; Plan of the council to attain bond issue for 2003.
- Allen County, Ind., asks legislature to allow arena expansion funding. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;02/15/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30829, p3
Reports on the plans of Allen County, Indiana, officials to issue bonds for the expansion of the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum. Value of the bond issue; Petitions for and against using property taxes to back the bonds; Final maturity of the bonds; Expansion plans.
- Student Loan Securitization On Record Pace. Bloomberg News // American Banker;7/12/2006, Vol. 171 Issue 132, p12
The article reports on the increase in demand for student loans by both borrowers and investors. Sales of bonds backed by student loans was at $44 billion by the middle of the year and were expected to exceed last years record of $73 billion. During fiscal year 2006, approximately 8 million...