Lots of Debt, Little Time Rule
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;03/19/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31099, p4
Presents a status report on legislative bills affecting the municipal bond market in the United States as of March 19, 2001. Public School Construction Partnership Act; High-Speed Rail Investment Act of 2001; National Energy Security Act of 2001; America's Better Classroom Act.
- N.Y.C. City Council Likely to Fast-Track Mayor's G-37-Like Proposal. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;05/14/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31138, p1
Reports the speedy legislation of the New York City Council on the G-37 proposal in New York, New York. Restrictions of the G-37 proposal to firms associated in municipal securities; Imposition of a moratorium on rulemaking; Comments of the senior research associate of the Citizen's Budget...
- MUNICIPAL BOND AND STATE AND LOCAL FINANCE LEGISLATIVE STATUS Report[*]. // Bond Buyer;03/17/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30851, p6
Presents a chart depicting municipal bond and state and local legislative status report in the United States as of March 2000. List of legislation introduced in the 106th Congress; Presentation of existing laws; Data on the proposed laws; Existing status of the legislative bills.
- Pa. Aims to Avoid More Harrisburgs. BURTON, PAUL // Bond Buyer;7/15/2013, Vol. 385 Issue 33944, p5
The article offers information on the two bills that improve the oversight of municipal bond financing and presented in Pennsylvania Senate in Pennsylvania.
- New Congress Sees Bond Bills, Including Mortgage Revenue Plan. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;01/09/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31053, p36
Reports on the proposed municipal bond-related bills introduced in the 107th Congress in the United States. Plans to issue more mortgage revenue debt; Lifting of restrictions for Indian tribes to sell tax-exempt debt.
- Virginia Governor Signs $10 Billion Worth of Bond Bills. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/24/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31372, p3
Reports the signing of a bill on municipal bond issuance by Virginia Governor Mark R. Warner. Increase of local sales tax rates; Amount of bonds issued; List of the bond-related bills.
- Tax-Exempt Bills' Retroactive Dates Chill Market's Blood. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;11/08/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30764, p29
Focuses on the effects of the introduction of a bill to restrict the use of tax-exempt bonds for projects that compete with private business on the municipal markets in the U.S. Provisions of the bill introduced by Republican of South Carolina Mark Sanford; Purpose of the bill; Discussion of...
- Top 10 E-Mailed Stories. // Bond Buyer;4/30/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33705, p6
The article presents the top 10 electronically-mailed (e-mailed) stories at The Bond Buyer.com including the federal tax-exemption for municipal bonds, support of market participants for muni-friendly provisions in the Senate highway bill, and declaration of municipal bond issuers on bankruptcy.
- It's Make or Break Time for Road Bill Bond Measures. Glazier, Kyle // Bond Buyer;6/27/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33738, p4
The article reports that several municipal bond provisions, part of the highway funding bill that is approved by the U.S. Senate and supported by the municipal bond industry, are not expected to be passed in the House-Senate committee negotiations.