- IN BRIEF. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;11/2/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33609, p2
The article offers bond market news briefs including the expansion of the manufacturing sector, 0.2% increase on construction spending, and the auctioned of 35 billion dollars four-week bills at a 0.005% high yield by the Treasury Department.
- News In Brief: ISM Jan. Index Rises to 49.9%. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;2/4/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31317, p2
Reports that the manufacturing sector of the U.S. economy showed contraction in January 2002 at a slower rate than in December 2001. Change in the monthly index; Predictions of economists; Rise in the closely watched prices paid index.
- THE BOND MARKETS. Nagan, Peter S. // Banking;Aug70, Vol. 63 Issue 2, p14
Discusses the basic change in the bond-market during 1970. Increase in productivity in the manufacturing sector; Behavior of industrial commodity prices; Result of a survey conducted by the Goldsmith-Nagan Bond and Money Market Letter on bond market expectations.
- Thursday's Market: Munis Soften Along With Treasuries Ahead of Independance Day Holiday. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;7/07/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31671, p2
Reports on various developments in the U.S. bond market on July 06, 2003. Rise in the non-manufacturing index of the June Institute of Supply Management; Decline in non-farm payrolls; Jobless claims made by the public for the said week.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;9/8/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31714, p2
Presents several developments related to bond and securities market in the U.S. as of September 8, 2003. Reduction in payroll and unemployment in the U.S. during the month of August 2003; Increase in the U.S. future inflation gauge during the month of August; Decline in issued Treasury...
- Municipals Hold Their Own Even as Treasuries Melt Down on Jobs Data. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;11/06/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31011, p2
Focuses on the factors affecting the municipal bond market in the United States. Increase of payrolls for non-farm sector; Contention on the demands for bond issues; Information on the exchange rates for bonds during the secondary trading.
- Munis Firmer Despite Treasury Losses. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/10/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33000, p2
The article cites a report which reveals the positive development of the municipal market despite Treasury market losses in the U.S. According to a trader in New York, municipal markets are better by a solid two or three basis points and there are more gains out long. It is revealed that the...
- BBVA Watch. // Caribbean Business;2/9/2012, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p11
The article offers several economic and financial developments in the U.S. and the Caribbean area which include an increase in nonfarm payrolls in the U.S. in January 2012, Puerto Rico's Manufacturing Index and ISM Manufacturing Index.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Tuesday, Sept. 26, 2000. // Bond Buyer;09/27/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30984, p2
Provides a snapshot of the United States bond market as of September 26, 2000. Level of consumer confidence in the U.S. economy.