JP MORGAN TARGET OF CIVIL SUIT
- Pa. District Ends Swap Cases Against JPMorgan. Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;2/11/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33060, p3
The article reports on the decision of Pennsylvania's Erie School District not to amend its complaint against J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. in New York. The move will close the case wherein the school district accused the company of charging more than $1 million in excess fees on a swaps transaction....
- JP Morgan's Excess Swap-Fees Case Dismissed. Herman, Jack; Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;2/3/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33054, p1
The article reports on the dismissal of the swap-fees case against financial services firm J. P. Morgan Chase & Co. (JPMorgan) in the U.S. The lawsuit filed by the Erie, Pennsylvania School District allenging on the overcharges made by JPMorgan on a swaps transaction has been dismissed by a...
- JPM, N.J. Settle Auction-Rate Case. // American Banker;9/10/2010, Vol. 175 Issue F335, p15
The author reports on a settlement that has been reach between the state of New Jersey and the financial services company JPMorgan Chase & Co. regarding a lawsuit in which the company was accused of not disclosing investment risks.
- MBS Investors Target JPM with Lawsuits. // American Banker;11/10/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 173, p16
The author reports on fraud lawsuits that may be filed against the global investment and banking securities firm JPMorgan Chase & Co. due to its decision to stop foreclosures in September 2010 and allegations that have been made against the company in relation to their mortgage underwriting...
- US High Yield Bond Rankings 2011 vs 2010. // Leveraged Finance News;1/2/2012, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p5
A table is presented which shows the comparison of the High Yield Bond Rankings of the U.S. in 2011 and in 2010 of various companies including JPMorgan, Credit Suisse, and Jefferies & Company.
- Surviving 2009. Slater, Dan // FinanceAsia;Apr2009 Moving Forward, p1
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses an article about development of bond market, the effects of global crisis in Japanese bank lending and the recognition of foreign winner J.P. Morgan that receive best foreign investment bank award.
- Beware the Bond Market. Goodman, Wes // Financial-planning.com;12/31/2015, p3
The article reports that the biggest investors in the U.S. including JPMorgan Chase, Fidelity Investments and Goldman Sachs are suggesting to be cautious about bond returns as the Federal Reserve increased interest rates.
- JPM's Bid to Block WorldCom Settlements Denied. Bloomberg News // American Banker;3/16/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 51, p3
Focuses on the status of J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. in the WorldCom Inc. lawsuit that is being heard in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York. Judge Denise Cote denying JPMorgan's request that the 12 other banking companies involved in the securities fraud stand trial;...
- Syncora Suit Alleges Fraud in Jeffco Deal. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/5/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33311, p1
The article reports on the civil suit filed by Syncora Guarantee Inc. which alleges Jefferson County, Alabama and JP Morgan Chase and Co. of fraudulently inducing the company to give more than one billion dollars insurance coverage for the sewer warrants of the county.