Touradji Launches Two New Funds
- Value judgment. Dod, Lucy Wolley; Crosky, Sean // Lawyer;6/11/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 23, p28
The article reports on the move of private equity and hedge funds in Great Britain to release the value of their assets by using the Opco/Propco model, allowing the purchaser to reorganize the target business to optimize finance costs. It was cited that the increasing use of Opco/Propco has...
- HEDGE FUNDS EMERGE FROM THE WOODWORK. O'Hara, Neil A. // On Wall Street;Jun2007, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p25
The article discusses an emerging trend in the hedge fund industry where private equity and hedge fund managers are tapping the public markets. Close-end vehicles that act as feeders to existing private equity and hedge funds are being launched making them more accessible to retail investors....
- Convergence could hurt. Goodman, Edwin A. // Pensions & Investments;7/10/2006, Vol. 34 Issue 14, p12
This article presents the author's views about the future of hedge fund market. The size of the hedge fund market makes it likely that it will overwhelm the much smaller private equity market. While the private equity community controls about $200 billion in assets, hedge funds manage about $1.3...
- Liquidation model similar to hedge fund side pockets. JACOBIUS, ARLEEN // Pensions & Investments;6/10/2013, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p36
The article looks at private equity zombie funds, or dormant buyout funds still charging management fees, as of 2013, comparing efforts to restructure them to strategies undertaken with hedge fund side pockets, or separate accounts holding illiquid assets within a hedge fund.
- Emerging trends in mergers and acquisitions and the importance of private equity and hedge funds. Mills, Roger // Henley Manager Update;Autumn2006, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p27
This article explores the major reasons behind the current boom in M & A activity, paying particular attention to the significance of private equity and hedge funds in this boom. Might there be cause for concern about recent hedge fund growth?
- More Hedge Funds Aim For Side Pockets. Lewis, Janet // Investment Management Weekly;10/24/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 40, p6
Focuses on the increasing use of side pockets by hedge funds which allows to create a kind of mini-private equity fund within the fund. Information on side pockets; Impact of a side pocket on the illiquid investment of a hedge fund; Factor that may limit the use of side pockets.
- Sonoma County To Look At Alternatives. Sorondo, Marc // Investment Management Weekly;12/10/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 47, p1
The article focuses on the search for alternative investment strategies.The Sonoma County Employees' Retirement Association (SCERA) board considered presentations on investment planning including hedge funding, private equities and short-extension strategies. Presentors included the Russell...
- SHOULD YOU BUY INTO THAT HEDGE FUND? Laughlin, Lauren Silva // Fortune;10/28/2013, Vol. 168 Issue 7, p81
The article focuses on the opportunity for investors to get access to big private equity and hedge funds. Fidelity started selling a mutual fund which is a conduit to a Blackstone hedge fund, while Kohlberg Kravis Roberts publicly traded closed-end fund which buys loans and high-yield debt....
- N.J. Ends Year With More Alternatives. M. S. // Investment Management Weekly;1/7/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p2
The article reports that the New Jersey State Investment Council in Trenton, has considered new alternative investments in an attempt to reach the 10.3 percent target allocation set for alternatives. It states that the council has also discussed direct hedge fund investments with Level Global...