Ensuring Safe Take-out
- Four Imperatives for Food Safety Agenda in 2011. ORGEL, DAVID // SN: Supermarket News;11/29/2010, Vol. 58 Issue 48, p7
The article presents the author's comments food safety agenda and challenges in the U.S., with reference to the areas discussed by Food Marketing Institute's Jill Hollingsworth.
- Be Smart! Be a Part of Safety Month. Hernandez, Jorge // Restaurant Hospitality;Aug2000, Vol. 84 Issue 8, p100
Provides information on the efforts of the food service industry to promote food safety. Education campaigns on food safety; Theme of the Annual National Food Safety Education Month for year 2000; Public awareness in the proper food handling procedures.
- International Food Safety Congress: Education in proper techniques can stamp out food-borne illness. Farquharson // Nation's Restaurant News;12/13/99, Vol. 33 Issue 50, p32
Comments on food-safety issues. Need to educate employees in proper food handling techniques; International Food Safety Council's hosting of the International Food Safety Congress 2000 in Orlando, Florida.
- BY AUDITING SUPPLIERS: ENSURING SAFE SUPPLIES. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;6/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p88
Discusses the role of food safety and sanitation in the purchasing and receiving of food supplies. Increase in the number of food service operators who audit their vendors as of June 2002; Details of proper food auditing; Factors related to food safety issues.
- Every Kitchen's Dirty Little Secret: Cardboard-Bacteria Superstore and Roach Motel. Krall, Ken // Journal of Environmental Health;Mar2003, Vol. 65 Issue 7, p24
Discusses momentum growth in time, temperature and basic food handling and increased awareness in food service industry in the United States. Information on the most neglected medium of contamination; Description of the cross-contamination; Recommendation for improving food safety and food...
- Risky Business. Wellman, David // Frozen Food Age;Jul2003, Vol. 51 Issue 12, p8
Presents an article about the risks associated with the food industry in the U.S. Safety issues surrounding the industry; Sanitation-related problems in food preparation; Responsibility of the industry to consumers.
- Food Safety Knowledge Retention Study. HISLOP, NYALL; SHAW, KEARA // Journal of Food Protection;Feb2009, Vol. 72 Issue 2, p431
Foodborne illness in Canada is an ongoing burden for public health and the economy. Many foodborne illnesses result from improper food handling practices. If food handlers had a greater knowledge of what causes foodborne illness, perhaps these illnesses would have less of an impact on society....
- Doors. // A-Z of Food Safety;2007, p100
An encyclopedia entry for "doors" in food premises is presented. Doors should have an impervious and smooth finish and be capable of being readily cleaned. Installing kick plates in doors are beneficial for they can reduce the potential for damage and entry by rodents when the door is closed.
- Hot holding/service. // A-Z of Food Safety;2007, p217
The article presents an encyclopedia entry for hot holding/service. It is stated that only as much food as is needed should be prepared and cooked to ensure the safety of food held on display for service. It is suggested that internal food temperatures should be measured using a calibrated...