SENATORS DOLE, MCGOVERN ASK: 'GOT BREAKFAST?'
- Pols partner to make sure kids get breakfast. Elan, Elissa // Nation's Restaurant News;1/6/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p18
The article reports on the move of former U.S. Senators George McGovern and Bob Dole to launch Got Breakfast, a promotional campaign intended to improve participation in the nation's school breakfast program. East Side Entrees, a partner of the campaign, pledged it would donate a portion of the...
- Nutrition scorecard: Breakfast, 1; soda, 0. Vail, Kathleen // American School Board Journal;Feb2006, Vol. 193 Issue 2, p6
This article reports on the failure of the U.S. federal school breakfast program to reach all eligible children, according to the Food Research and Action Center (FRAC). James Weill, FRAC president, offered a statement on the importance of school breakfast to students. In spite of the increase...
- McGovern for Dole? // Human Events;3/17/95, Vol. 51 Issue 10, p18
Reports on George McGovern's endorsement and support for Robert `Bob' Dole's presidential bid in 1996 United States election. Nature of relationship between Dole and McGovern; Background on McGovern's political activities.
- Dole, McGovern win World Food Prize. Laws, Forrest // Southeast Farm Press;11/19/2008, Vol. 35 Issue 26, p21
The article reports that former senators Bob Dole and George McGovern have been named 2008 World Food Prize Laureates.
- "Hunger No More" // St. Louis Journalism Review;Jul/Aug2005, Vol. 35 Issue 278, p31
Reports that a documentary video featuring former U.S. Senators Bob Dole and George McGovern, will be presented on July 13, 2005 at the World Community Center in Saint Louis, Missouri.
- Dole and McGovern receive World Food Prize. Laws, Forrest // Western Farm Press;11/15/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 25, p14
The article announces that former U.S. Senators Bob Dole and George McGovern are being named as the 2008 World Food Prize Laureates.
- BEATING THE SPREAD. Frank, Mitch // Time;1/19/2004, Vol. 163 Issue 3, p28
Examines past campaign successes of the Iowa caucus. Success of Senator George McGovern in the 1972 caucus; Success of Jimmy Carter's campaign in 1976; Campaign of Gary Hart in 1984; Campaign of Bob Dole in 1988, Win of Al Gore in 2000.
- Ending Hunger Now: A Challenge to Persons of Faith. // Publishers Weekly;7/11/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 27, p85
Reviews the book "Ending Hunger Now: A Challenge to Persons of Faith," by George McGovern, Bob Dole and Donald E. Messer.
- The McGovern-Dole Cancer Cure. Marshall, Eliot // New Republic;7/1/78, Vol. 179 Issue 1, p8
The article discusses issues concerning the meeting called by U.S. Senators Robert Dole (R.-Kansas) and George McGovern (D.-South Dakota) on June 13, 1978 regarding the progress of the war on cancer campaign declared by the U.S. Congress in 1971. It reveals that seven billion dollars have been...
- The Plight of The Doves. // Time;9/14/1970, Vol. 96 Issue 11, p17
The article presents information on a measure sponsored by South Dakota Democrat George McGovern and Oregon Republican Mark Hatfield to force the withdrawal of all U.S. forces from Vietnam by the end of 1971. The measure was defeated in the U.S. Senate. McGovern assailed his colleagues by saying...