Wilma prompts special survey of Florida fruit
- Calif. tomatoes exceed goal, other states lag. Thienpont, Chuck // FoodService Director;1/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p36
Provides information on fruit production in the U.S. in fall 2004. Amount of tomatoes that had been processed in California according to the California Processing Tomato Advisory Board; Forecast on final apple production forecast for the 2004 crop year; Outlook on grape, cranberry and pecan...
- Portmeirion. // Gourmet Retailer;Jan2005, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p49
The article reports on Portmeirion's new Harvest Apple. For today's global lifestyles encompassing casual formal, casual contemporary, or just plain casual, Portmeirion's new Harvest Apple is sure to be a classic.
- Upland and Pima bale forecasts remain down. // Western Farm Press;9/3/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 18, p5
Reports on the production forecasting for different agricultural crops in the U.S. for August 2005. Apples; Olives; Pears; Grapes; Cotton.
- Fizzle or sizzle? Weather to pick. Suderman, Arlan // Wallaces Farmer;Feb2011, Vol. 136 Issue 2, p102
The article reports on the global market outlook for agricultural products such as cotton, grain, and soybean, in 2011.
- And Weather Problems Persist: Fruit, nut price index to grow. Thienpont, Chuck // FoodService Director;10/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p86
Predicts the grower price index for fruit and nuts to average slightly higher in the second half of 1999 in the United States. Impact of weather problems on fruit production; Apple production forecast for the 1999 crop year; Other forecasts on fruit production.
- GRAPEFRUIT FORECAST FLAT: Peach crop down 5%, spring bloom good. Thienpont, Chuck // FoodService Director;07/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p62
Presents forecasts on fruit production in the United States as of July 15, 2001. Statistics on peach crop; Factors that contributed to the decline in plum crop; Updates on citrus production.
- USDA increases raisin grape forecast. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;8/15/2008, Issue 323905, p6
The article reports on a forecast by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) on raisin-type variety grape in California. A July 2008 report stated that USDA has increased the raisin-type variety grapes by seven percent to 2.2 million tons. The USDA noted that the raisin crop is shaping up to...
- CHEF JIM'S HOW TO PICK...Apples. Shiebler, Jim; Brierly, Dean; Carlson, Mike; Kallen, Ben; Kalmansohn, David; Lee, Bobby; Nishi, Dennis; Kindela, Jerry; Thorpe, Mark; Weede, Tom // Men's Fitness;Aug2003, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p32
Offers tips on how to pick apples. Characteristics of good apples; Factors that should be avoided in choosing good apples; Information on several apples from different farms.
- Your Voice. // American Fruit Grower;May2011, Vol. 131 Issue 5, p10
The article presents the comments posted by the members of American/Western Fruit Grower in Produce Community online discussion forum regarding the debate on the effect of managed variety in apple production industry.