Miami's Mad About March
- Hospital Retails Certified S.C. Produce. // FoodService Director;2/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p6
The article reports that at AnMed Health, a 420-bed hospital in Anderson, South Carolina, locally grown products are not only being served in the cafeteria, but they also are available for purchase. According to Greg Kahaly, food and nutrition director, the program began in July 2007 after the...
- Eat Smart! Workplace Cafeteria Program Evaluation of the Nutrition Component. Dawson, Jody; Dwyer, John J. M.; Evers, Susan; Sheeshka, Judy // Canadian Journal of Dietetic Practice & Research;Summer2006, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p85
Purpose: The nutrition component of the Eat Smart! Workplace Cafeteria Program (ESWCP) in a hospital was evaluated. We assessed staffs frequency of visits to and purchases in the hospital cafeteria, attitudes about the program, short-term eating behaviour change, and suggestions to improve the...
- alert. Farrell, Tony // Vegetarian Times;Feb2007, Issue 347, p56
The article reports on hospital food. According to the Healthy Hospital Food Initiative report, the meals many U.S. hospitals sell to patients and staff are not only lacking in nutrition, but can actually be detrimental. The report was conducted by the Physicians Committee for Responsible...
- TO OFFSET CUSTOMER TRAFFIC: Stony Brook mulls kiosks. // FoodService Director;2/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p8
Looks at the condition of the food service sector at Stony Brook University Hospital in New York as of February 15, 2003. Plans of foodservice officials for the hospital's food servicing unit; Consideration for the use of kiosks as an alternative to cafeteria.
- A `STOP' FOR SRS: California hospital is open to the public. // FoodService Director;06/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p8
Features the Le Cafe hospital cafeteria of Simi Valley Hospital in California. Quality of food and description of the atmosphere; Category of the menu; Remarks from patients.
- In Employee/Visitor Cafeteria: CA hosp. aims for `homey.'. // FoodService Director;11/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p20
Provides information on the redecorating project at Verdugo Hills Hospital in Glendale, California in 1999 to refresh its employee-visitor cafeteria. Description of the cafeteria; Aim of the redecoration project.
- Hospital Shutters Retail Program. // FoodService Director;11/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p19
The article reports on the closing of the cafeteria at the Grand River Hospital in Kitchener, Ontario and will be replaced by a Subway and a larger Tim Hortons Inc. run by the volunteer association of the hospital.
- Scramble system speeds traffic. // FoodService Director;11/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p21
Cites the improved services at the renovate cafeteria of Jackson Madison County General Hospital in Jackson, Tennessee. Scramble system; Addition of a Heart Healthy Bar; Smoothie and capuccino machines; Panini grill; Deli section; Portable kiosk with continental breakfast items; Increased...
- Coffee klatching with cafeteria cronies. Crans, Fred W. // Healthcare Purchasing News;Mar2008, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p16
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of meeting different characters in different hospital cafeterias.