Room service goes high-tech
- KIDS' HOSP. ADDS TO A LA MINUTE MENU. // FoodService Director;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p5
Reports on the drop in food costs at Childrens' Hospital of Los Angeles in California since the implementation of room service. Percentage of decline in food costs; Advantages of room service system; Effect of the room service program on labor costs.
- SERVICE UP, WASTE AND COSTS DOWN: Hosp. redirects expenses with room svc. // FoodService Director;8/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p5
Reports that Highline Community Hospital in Burien, Washington has redirected foodservice operational expenses by replacing traditional meal trays with room service. Functions of room service staff; Schedule of the room service.
- A Pioneer Revisited. King, Paul // FoodService Director;8/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p30
This article focuses on Seattle's Swedish Medical Center, one of the first room service hospitals. Allen Caudle, the food service director at Swedish Medical Center, appointed Kris Schroeder to oversee the implementation of room service at the hospital. As is true of all pioneers, Caudle and...
- Hospital Power Players: UAB Hospital. // Food Management Exclusive Insight;10/26/2015, p3
The article focuses on the room service style model of UAB Hospital in Birmingham, Alabama for patient dining and the redesign of its North Pavilion food court.
- The Room Service Menu. King, Paul // FoodService Director;8/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p30
This article presents way to achieve menu success with a room service program in a hospital. Room service allows hospitals to broaden the menu choices available to patients. The key component is customization, it is important to personalize the menu to the patient before they ever see it....
- ROOM SERVICE TO THE RESCUE: Wash. hosp. holds line on
costs, staff. // FoodService Director;2/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p10
Reports on the satisfaction of customers over the room service offered by the foodservice operators of the Mary Lane Hospital in Ware, Maryland. Comment from foodservice operations manager Diana Hitchcock; Availability of the room service; Average meal cost.
- The Pod SQUAD. Buzalka, Mike // Food Management;Dec2010, Vol. 45 Issue 12, p20
The article discusses the approach used by hospital foodservice directors to achieve patient's satisfaction at University of Utah Hospital in Utah. It outlines the importance of planning an upgrade to patient meal approach including room services. It also suggests the significance of a pod-based...
- Hospital Takes 'Lean' Approach. // FoodService Director;9/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p12
The article reports that St. Vincent Health Center in Erie, Pennsylvania reduced meal delivery times for its room service program by more than half in 2007 by implementing the Lean Six Sigma approach to improving service. Barry Locke, director of food and nutrition services for the hospital,...
- Room Service Refined. Fitzpatrick, Tara // Food Management;Aug2010, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p52
The article offers information on the increasing trend of room service among hospitals in the U.S. as it is said to provide patient satisfaction and improved food quality service. It mentions that the new service being implemented among hospitals has also helped staff give each patient a better...