Publisher Scorecards Paperback Fiction
- Enchancing stories through the use of muscial sound. Kersten, Fred // Reading Teacher;May96, Vol. 49 Issue 8, p670
Focuses on how a second grade teacher at Wallaceton-Boggs Elementary School in Phillpsburg, enhanced children stories by using musical instruments. Technique Mrs. Kistler used to enhanced the story of `Snow White'; Characters each child played in story; Instruments students used to implement...
- The Right to Imagine: Reading in Community with People and Stories / Genre y Cuentos. SCHWARTZ, MARCY // PMLA: Publications of the Modern Language Association of America;May2011, Vol. 126 Issue 3, p746
This essay discusses the right to imagine under the educational program People and Stories/Gente y Cuentos in Argentina. The program encourages people to listen to short stories read aloud in community settings. It goes beyond introducing literature to the audience. It defies the restriction of...
- READINGS AND SYSTEMS OF READING. Saldivar, Ramon // Studies in the Novel;Winter79, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p472
Focuses on the development of a theory of reading modern narratives by Wolfgang Iser, Meir Sternberg and Joseph Kestner. Reasons for failing of traditional attempts to isolate the peculiar quality of meaning in literary works; Iser's description regarding act of reading; Central assumption...
- The Buddy System Teens and Children Share the Joy of Reading. Lai, Elizabeth // Children & Libraries: The Journal of the Association for Library;Spring2006, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p21
The article focuses on the "Reading Buddies" program started to encourage reading habits in children and teenagers. The program was started with the help of "Family Literacy" at Frontier College, a Canadian society that work to support literacy. Youth between 14 and 18 years were interviewed....
- Club News. // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);8/8/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 32, p4
The article offers news briefs in Texas which include fiction reading of the book "BITE THE MOON" by Diane Fanning, keynote address by Representative Nathan Macias and summer concert series.
- A Rage for the Page. Berson, Misha // American Theatre;Mar99, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p53
Reports on the resurgence of prose-to-drama adaptations presented in various theaters in the United States. Information on Book-It-Theatre in Seattle, Washington; Reason for the trend; Ardent champions of dramatic narrative; Observation on some literature-oriented troupes.
- Problem novels in the curriculum. Hawkes, Gail // Book Report;Mar/Apr96, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p20
Focuses on techniques one librarian used to combine fiction reading with high school psychology class work. What were the suggestions; Example of novel used. INSET: Favorite problem novels..
- The Word. // New York;7/30/2012, Vol. 45 Issue 24, p78
This section presents a schedule of oral readings of books by several authors in New York City in July 2012, including Emily Griffin, Charles Yu and Charity Shunway.
- PRACTICALLY SPEAKING. Shapiro, Carol R. // School Library Journal;Nov84, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p78
Provides tips on how to teach storytelling to children based on the workshops sponsored by Bethpage Public Library in New York. Importance of motivation and story selection in the training process; Relevance of coaching in providing youngsters insights into folklore; Preparations needed for...