People In The News
- Trinidad Tales. // Malakoff News (TX);6/26/2009, Vol. 100 Issue 26, p12A
The article offers news briefs in Trinidad, Texas including the region's high electricity bill, the appointment of Karen Newsome to the Trinidad Independent School District (TISD) board, and an obituary for Bill Miller.
- PEOPLE IN THE NEWS . . . // Book Publishing Report;1/20/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p8
Reports career developments in the U.S. book industry. Details on the resignation of Kristina Peterson at Simon & Schuster's Children's Publishing Division; Appointment of Denise Stinson as editor-at-large for Warner Books; Selection of Carol Morgan as publicity director of publisher Harry N....
- Changes. // Quill & Quire;Feb2001, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p15
Reports several career developments of personnel in the book trade in Canada. Selection of Sheila Cormier as administrative assistant of the Association for the Export of Canadian Books; Appointment of Ann Labbe as manager of Ken Proctor; Entry of Kimberly Graham to Whitecap Books.
- Departing gestures. // Building Design;6/6/2003, Issue 1582, p9
Comments on the popularity of architects and their careers after their deaths as reflected in the full-page obituaries of architects Philip Powell, Geoffrey Bawa and Max Nasatyr.
- PERSONNEL. // Welding Journal;Jan2009, Vol. 88 Issue 1, p92
The article announces several executive appointments and obituaries of individuals belonging to the welding industry. Donald H. Lange was promoted as executive vice president at Nooter/Eriksen Inc. and Kevin Person as member of the board of directors at Aluminum Association. Meanwhile, Lawrence...
- Ascribed and Achieved Antecedents of Occupational Attainment: A Panel Study. Chand, Ian P.; Crider, Donald M.; Willits, Fern K. // Personnel & Guidance Journal;May83, Vol. 61 Issue 9, p547
Using a longitudinal sample of 583 males, this research examined the relationships among selected ascribed and achieved traits and their relationships to occupational attainment.
- Appearances aren't everything, but they're pretty close to it. Bourque, Ron // New Hampshire Business Review;03/09/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p17
Discusses the significance of personality in getting ahead with one's career. Implication of dress-down policies in most companies on the status of their employees; Impact of language skills on business negotiations; Impressions given by people who curse on business circles.
- Career advice for a friend. McLean, Amanda // Third Sector;11/16/2010, Issue 639, p31
The article discusses the opportunities and challenges in pursuing a career as a senior fundraiser.
- THREE THINGS TO TELL A NEW GRADUATE. Cowen, Tyler // Money;May2010, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p35
The article presents advice on career development, investing, and marital relations to persons just starting their careers.