- LagardÃ¨re Acquisition Of TWBG Brings Global Book Biz To $2.5 Billion. // Book Publishing Report;2/13/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p1
The article reports on the acquisition of Time Warner Book Group Inc. by LagardÃ¨re SCA in the U.S. The acquisition has earned LagardÃ¨re a combined revenue from trade and educational book publishing worldwide. Time Warner has been planning to sell its book publishing arm for years, which...
- LagardÃ¨re Makes Its Move. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/13/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 7, p4
The article reports on the acquisition of Time Warner Book Group Inc. (TWBG) by the magazine publisher LagardÃ¨re SA. To further expand its book publishing business beyond Europe and to increase its book presence in the U.S., LagardÃ¨re has purchased TWBG. The company's purchase is not its...
- Parsons books leaner TW. Zeitchik, Steven; Klaussmann, Liza // Daily Variety;2/7/2006, Vol. 290 Issue 27, p1
The article reports on the acquisition of the Time Warner Book Group by French media giant Lagardere for 537 million dollars in the U.S. Lagardere was elevated from a North American nonentity into a powerful player print publishing due to the deal. The deal marks the exit of the country's...
- TW turns page on book unit with big sale to Lagardere. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;2/7/2006, Vol. 393 Issue 1, p6
The article reports that with Carl Icahn and Frank Biondi set to unveil their breakup plans for Time Warner Inc. today, the world's largest media conglomerate announced on Monday a deal to sell its book unit to French company Lagardere SA for $537.5 million--a price well above what it would have...
- Lagardere to sell off TV stake. Hopewell, John // Daily Variety;4/16/2010, Vol. 307 Issue 10, p8
The article reports on the confirmation by Gallic conglomerate Lagardere SCA regarding its plan to sell a 205 stake in Gallic paybox giant Canal Plus France.
- LAGARDERE MEDIA REVS DOWN 1%. James, Alison // Daily Variety;7/30/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 18, p6
Reports on the decline of the revenue of Lagardere Media in France. Impact of the increase in the subscribers to the digital platform Canal Satellite on the company; Performance of the company's magazine publishing business; Plan of the company to sales its stake in the European aircraft maker...
- Publishing Industry Profile: Global. // Publishing Industry Profile: Global;Jun2010, p1
Presents a profile of the Publishing industry in the World. Executive summary of the industry; Market overview; Market value; Market segmentation; Competitive landscape; Leading companies in the industry; Market forecasts; Demographics; Further reading.
- French Plan to Sell Grolier. Lottman, Herbert R. // Publishers Weekly;11/29/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 48, p21
Reports the plan of Lagardere Group to sell Grolier Inc. Details on the sales of the company; Financial data of the company; Information on the firm.
- F-O-R S-A-L-E ENTERS TIME INC.'S LEXICON. // Media Industry Newsletter;9/18/2006, Vol. 59 Issue 36, p1
The article reports that because of cost-cutting trends in Time Warner, president and CEO Ann Moore would put up for sale 18 of the company's 182 magazines. Historically, Time Warner has only sold one magazine in the past although it has sold many other properties. In May 1987, "Discover" was...