Reader's Digest: Q2 Diet Books Strong; Children's Biz To Expand
- As Financial Results Turn Ugly, Reader's Digest Gives Its Book Publishing Division A Makeover. Holt, Karen Jenkins // Book Publishing Report;8/20/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 33, p6
Focuses on Reader's Digest Inc.'s reorganization of its books publishing division following a downturn in sales and earnings. Structure of the division; Division groupings implemented in an attempt to increase profits; Losses posted in the fourth-quarter 2000 financial results.
- Company Overview. // Readers Digest Association, Ltd. SWOT Analysis;Nov2006, p4
An overview of Reader's Digest Association Inc., a publishing and marketing company, is presented. Data is included on revenues generated in fiscal year 2005, as well as principal business offered, including publishing services.
- International Unit Leads Reader's Digest. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/7/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 6, p10
Reports on the sales increase in Reader's Digest's (RD) international group for the second quarter ended December 31, 2004. Reason for the sales increase in the international group; Weak categories of RD; Decrease in the sales in RD North America.
- Clarke Moves Up at RD. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;10/25/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 43, p14
Reports on the promotion of Harold Clarke to publisher and president of trade publishing and special markets at Reader's Digest. Previous job of Clarke in the company; Deals of Clarke with international companies; Book sales of the company for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2004.
- Reader's Digest To Expand How-To Book Output In 2005. // Book Publishing Report;2/14/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p4
The article reports that Reader's Digest Inc.'s trade book division aims to publish more how-to category books this year, increasing the title count from 18 in 2004 to 22 in 2005. Harold Clarke, president of the trade books group, said the how-to category has been a steady source of revenue and...
- Reader's Digest Trade Book Sales Up 11% In Second Quarter. // Book Publishing Report;1/31/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p1
The article reports that Reader's Digest's Inc. comparatively small trade books division was one of the bright spots of the second quarter of fiscal 2005 for a company still struggling with lower earnings, adjustments from a two-year old turnaround initiative and different accounting methods....
- Reader's Digest To Cut Spots In Children's Publishing Division. // Book Publishing Report;08/07/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 31, p3
Reports on management changes initiated by publishing house Reader's Digest. Reorganization of top-level management positions; Plan to cut jobs in the company's children's publishing division; Appointment of Harold Clarke as vice president and publisher; Rumors about the company's strategic...
- RDA's Rx: Tap The Brand. Masterton, John // MediaWeek;03/01/99, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p6
Announces the plan of Reader's Digest Association (RDA) to expand into several businesses. Target earnings by 2004; Remarks from RDA chairman/chief executive officer Tom Ryder; Platform for targeted selling of products through the mail.
- RD revises bonus plan, rejects new board nominations. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;12/8/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 50, p12
Reports on results of `Reader's Digest's' (RD) disappointing financial performance. Cash bonuses suspended for some executives; Cancelling of some previously granted stock incentives: Rejected request by Corporate Value Partners to nominate Frank Macchiarola and William Mayer, to RD's board of...