Amazon's Operating Income Takes Hit; Media Sales To Get Boost In '06
- NEW YORK: Amazon 'glitch' removes sales rank from gay books. // Gay & Lesbian Times;4/16/2009, Issue 1112, p20
The article reports on the glitch that occurred at the Web site Amazon.com which resulted to the removal of the sales rank from books by various authors in New York.
- Amazon Takes Center Stage At London Book Fair 2013. // Book Publishing Report;Apr2013, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p11
The article discusses the London Book Fair 2013 which featured individuals and institutions in the publishing industry including Michael Norris of "Book Publishing Report" (BPR), reporter Robert Levine, and Amazon.
- Amazon.com to open its fourth distribution center. Zeitchik, Steven M. // Publishers Weekly;4/19/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 16, p12
Reports on online bookseller Amazon.com's plan to lease a distribution center in Coffeyville, Kansas, to lessen the company's reliance on outside wholesalers. Total area of the facility; Previous efforts by the company to double its distribution space; Number of jobs to be generated by the new...
- It's called competition. Anderson, Scott // Quill & Quire;Jul2002, Vol. 68 Issue 7, p20
Analyzes the consequences of Amazon's decision to begin shipping books from a Canada Post warehouse on the book industry in Canada. Implications for the Canadian culture; Characteristics of bookselling sector in the region; Plan of Amazon to cut delivery costs and compete effectively in the...
- Amazon.com prepares for competition ahead. Weisul, Kimberly; Guglielmo, Connie // Inter@ctive Week;05/04/98, Vol. 5 Issue 17, p8
Reports in May 1998 that Amazon.com is looking to expand its business. Types of products it hopes to sell; Financial information on the company; Names of companies that were acquired by Amazon; Predictions for the online book market.
- AMAZON ON THE COLUMBIA. Jacklet, Ben // Oregon Business Magazine;Dec2008, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p20
The article reports that Amazon.com Inc. is coming to the Port of Morrow in Boardman, Oregon. The company is preparing to move several servers next to the Columbia River to take advantage of the low hydro-power rates. It has still not been disclosed that how much electricity will go to...
- Amazon.com launches price war in online bookselling. Zeitchik, Steven M. // Publishers Weekly;5/24/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 21, p11
Reports on Seattle, Washington-based online book retailer Amazon.Com's plan to reduce by 50% the prices of its books. Price war caused by the company's move; Impact on online sales of books.
- Writers' groups prepare for Amazon.ca. Mandel, Charles // Quill & Quire;Jun2002, Vol. 68 Issue 6, p6
Focuses on the launching of Amazon.ca in the U.S. Comment of publishers on Amazon; Citation on the issues of used-book sales and electronic rights for review; Controversy over the launching.
- Online Retailers See Holiday Sales Come At Steadier Pace Than In 1999. // Book Publishing Report;1/1/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p6
Reports on increased sales posted by online book retailers during the holiday season through December 17, 1999. Total online sales generated by books; Online consumer spending; Marginal increases posted by retailers; Amazon.com's efficient product delivery during the holidays.