Bowker Stat-of-the-Week: Constitutional Law
- Trade sales dip: StatsCan. Anderson, Scott // Quill & Quire;Aug2003, Vol. 69 Issue 8, p7
Statistics Canada's latest survey of book publishers and exclusive agents a good performance of the Canadian book trade at the end of the 20th century. Sales by publishers operating in Canada, including exports and other foreign sales, grew by almost 10% in the two years between 1998/99 and...
- Reader-friendly? Weiler, Derek // Quill & Quire;Mar2008, Vol. 74 Issue 2, p6
The article presents the author's views on the extent that Canadian book publishing is reader friendly. The author states that the Canadian publishing industry has few means to gauge reader demands in advance. Publishers have a tendency to promote hard-cover and cloth-cover bindings of books to...
- First Figures Show Industry Sales Rose 3% in '03. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/9/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 6, p7
Presents a sales report from the Association of American Publishers in 2003. Percentage of increase in the total industry sales; Rise in sales in adult hardcover; Gain posted by the religious category.
- REIGNING CATS. Colebatch, Hal G.P. // Quadrant Magazine;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 47 Issue 7/8, p86
Presents an article on the general rule of publishing that books about cats sell more than books about dogs. Reason behind the trend; Topics that excel in non-fiction book publishing; Idea represented in the portrayal of cats as aliens in fiction.
- Lost in translation. Tonkin, Boyd // New Statesman & Society;5/26/95, Vol. 8 Issue 354, pXxvii
Explores the single-market in literature for Europe. Deep roots of national cultures dictate reading habits; Analysis of consumer behavior; Size of the publishing market in the main European Union states; Importance of translation; Criticisms regarding translation.
- Applying Marketing Concepts to Book Publishing in Nigeria. CHRISTOPHER, Nkechi M. // Journal of International Social Research;May2010, Vol. 3 Issue 11, p206
Book publishing will constitute a wasted effort if worthy books are not placed in the hands of readers. The signs are that Nigeria is under-served and the potential book market largely untapped. Although various reasons could be adduced for unwholesome book reading development, publishers need...
- 66 First Novels Fall-Winter 2001/02. Bums, Ann // Library Journal;10/1/2001, Vol. 126 Issue 16, p64
Presents a list of books to be published in the fall and winter of 2001-2002. Way that the books are separated into categories according to where they will be published, such as the Northeast and South in the United States.
- Books, Reading and Book Usage in the European Union. Kovac, Miha; Sebart, Mojca Kovac // Publishing Research Quarterly;Summer2006, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p55
The article examines the state of book publishing and consumption in countries which belong to the European Union, particularly the developed countries which form its core. The authors present data on the book market (including prices) and attempt to answer several questions on book culture for...
- Ten-Year Survey of China's Book Industry. Xiaoyan, Tang // Publishing Research Quarterly;Summer2006, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p64
The article presents the results of a decade long examination of the book and publishing industry in China. Data illustrate the growth of, and alterations to the industry from 1994 to 2004, and the challenges presented by emerging technologies. Several specific book markets, such as children's...