LagardÃ¨re Acquisition Of TWBG Brings Global Book Biz To $2.5 Billion
- News Brief. // Book Publishing Report;2/13/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p6
The article reports on the impact of the sale of Time Warner Brother Group company to LagardÃ¨re SCA in the book industry in the U.S. LagardÃ¨re has made several media appearances regarding the acquisition. However the company will not elaborate details about the advantages of the purchase...
- LagardÃ¨re Makes Its Move. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/13/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 7, p4
The article reports on the acquisition of Time Warner Book Group Inc. (TWBG) by the magazine publisher LagardÃ¨re SA. To further expand its book publishing business beyond Europe and to increase its book presence in the U.S., LagardÃ¨re has purchased TWBG. The company's purchase is not its...
- Parsons books leaner TW. Zeitchik, Steven; Klaussmann, Liza // Daily Variety;2/7/2006, Vol. 290 Issue 27, p1
The article reports on the acquisition of the Time Warner Book Group by French media giant Lagardere for 537 million dollars in the U.S. Lagardere was elevated from a North American nonentity into a powerful player print publishing due to the deal. The deal marks the exit of the country's...
- LAGARDERE MEDIA REVS DOWN 1%. James, Alison // Daily Variety;7/30/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 18, p6
Reports on the decline of the revenue of Lagardere Media in France. Impact of the increase in the subscribers to the digital platform Canal Satellite on the company; Performance of the company's magazine publishing business; Plan of the company to sales its stake in the European aircraft maker...
- Publishing Industry Profile: Global. // Publishing Industry Profile: Global;Jun2010, p1
Presents a profile of the Publishing industry in the World. Executive summary of the industry; Market overview; Market value; Market segmentation; Competitive landscape; Leading companies in the industry; Market forecasts; Demographics; Further reading.
- Viv U-Lagardere deal rests in EC's hands. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;7/24/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 14, p6
Discusses the status of the deal between Vivendi Universal and Lagardere. Plan of Vivendi to sell its non-U.S. publishing business to the French media group; Dependence of the deal's completion on the decision of the European Commission; Concern on the implications of Lagarde's acquisition of...
- Company Overview. // Lagardere SCA SWOT Analysis;January 2004, p4
Presents an overview of Lagardere SCA, which is a leading French media and high-technology company and its media holdings include book publishing, Internet content and satellite television. Revenues generated in fiscal year 2002; Principal businesses in which the company is involved.
- Company Overview. // Lagardere SCA SWOT Analysis;Oct2005, p4
Presents an overview of Lagardere SCA, Paris, France-based media company. Revenues generated in fiscal year 2004; Principal business, including print media, publishing, and high technology.
- Lagardere SCA SWOT Analysis. // Lagardere SCA SWOT Analysis;Jul2006, p1
Presents an overview of Lagardere SCA, a leading media company engaged in publishing news papers, books and magazines, operating radio and television networks, and managing retail chains. Company overview, including revenues generated in fiscal year ended December 2005, services provided, and...