Record Year Saw More Than $113B of Volume in Region
- BONDHOLDERS AND FINANCIALLY STRESSED MUNICIPALITIES. Gillette, Clayton P. // Fordham Urban Law Journal;Mar2012, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p639
The article discusses the issues concerning competing claims of bondholders and residents. The author tackles ways of assigning entitlement to superior monitors, with details on residents as monitors, creditors as substitute monitors, and surrogates for bondholders. He also reveals the wrong...
- Volume Drops 11.3% in August To $28B, But Upswing Foreseeable. Watts, Jim; Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;9/7/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32708, p38
The article reports that final figures for August 2007 from Thomson Financial reveal new-money issues in the municipal market up 5.5% compared with the figures in August 2006, reaching $20.7 billion through 761 sales in the U.S. Refundings declined 32.5% to $5.2 billion in 77 deals, dragging...
- CALIFORNIA: ARS Bill Clears Assembly. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;3/14/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32836, p9
The article reports on the enactment of the Senate Bill (SB) 344 designed to clarify the ability of bond issuers in California to purchase their outstanding debt without extinguishing it. Requested by State Treasurer Bill Lockyer, the bill responds to the continued problems affecting the...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, Aug. 16. // Bond Buyer;8/17/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31949, p2
Presents an update on the performance of the bond market in the United States on august 16, 2004. Empire Manufacturing Index; Government securities prices; Municipal bond index.
- Munis Finish Easier as Treasuries Make Return to Positive Territory. Johnosn, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;10/19/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31992, p2
Reports on the performance of the bond market in the U.S. for October 18,2 004. Performance of the municipal bond market; Tax-exempt bond performance.
- Munis Stabilizing, Except for Long End; Arizona College District Issues $190M. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;2/23/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32076, p2
No abstract available.
- Munis Weaker in Primary-Focused Session. Scarchilli, Michael; Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/4/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32601, p2
The article provides updates concerning municipal bond market in the U.S. for April 2007. In April 3, the municipal market was slightly weaker in a session light on economic data, with most of the focus settled on the primary market. According to one trader in New York, it seems like it is all...
- Munis Quiet Amid Lack of Data, New Deals. Scarchilli, Michael; Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/10/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32604, p2
The article provides updates concerning municipal bond market for 2007 in the U.S. On April 9, 2007, the municipal market was quiet and unchanged with a weaker tone in a largely new-issue and data-free session. According to one trader in New York, he call it unchanged with a slightly weaker tone...
- TUESDAY'S YIELDS. // Bond Buyer;2/1/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32310, p1
The article reports on the performance of the municipal bond market in the United States for January 31, 2006. The Federal Reserve Board has increased its overnight lending rate for the 14th consecutive time in 19 months. There was little change to the municipal bond market yield.