TBMA: Proposed Changes to G-23 Would Shrink Options, Competition
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, June 7. // Bond Buyer;6/8/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31900, p2
Presents charts showing the performance of the securities market in the United States on June 7, 2004. Consumer credit level; Government securities prices; Municipal bond index; Thirty-day visible supply.
- Dealers Want SEC to Delay Consideration of SMMP Changes. Glazier, Kyle // Bondbuyer.com;9/29/2014, p36
The article reports that dealer groups are pushing for changes to the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's (MSRB) proposed best execution rule which did not appear in MSRB's first best execution draft floated in February 2014. The Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association (SIFMA)...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;3/30/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31852, p36
Provides statistics related to the bond market in the United States as of March 30, 2004. Municipal market data general obligation yields; Securities prices; Municipal bond prices; Short-term tax-exempt yields.
- California's $7.9B Deal Captivates Market; Munis End Session Weaker. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;5/6/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31878, p2
Reports on developments concerning the municipal bond market in the U.S. as of May 6, 2004. Focus on the institutional pricing of California's economic recovery bonds (ERB); Treasury's announcement that it planned to sell three-, five- and 10-year notes; Ratings assigned to the California ERB;...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;5/6/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31878, p33
Presents charts and graphs on the municipal bond market in the U.S. as of May 6, 2004. Market indicators; Short-term tax-exempt yields; Securities prices; Municipal market data general obligation yields; Visible supply declines; New-issue balances; One-year note index; Reoffering yields;...
- Jobs Data Expectations Drive Up Municipal Bond Indexes. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;6/4/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31898, p52
Reports that most of "The Bond Buyer" newspaper's weekly municipal bond yield indexes rose at the end of May 2004 as expectations mounted that the release of the May employment report on June 2004 will be favorable and prompt the Federal Reserve to raise short-term rates later in June 2004. Key...
- PIC: An Alternative Approach to Accepting Bids on Local and State Government Bonds: Comment. Hopewell, Michael H.; Kaufman, George G. // Financial Management (1972);Summer79, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p42
This article refutes the superiority of the present value interest cost (PIC) over the net interest cost and true interest cost (TIC) used by state and local governments in awarding their serials bonds as proposed by Professors Osteryoung, Braswell and Blevins. The authors also state that TIC...
- Municipals Finish Little Changed Ahead of Nonfarm Payrolls Report. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;10/7/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32234, p2
Reports on the outcome of the municipal bond trading in the U.S. as of October 6, 2005. Unwillingness of buyers to take on more paper out for the bid; Continuation of the activity of long bonds; Composition of the bonds involved during the trading session.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Wednesday, September 20. // Bond Buyer;09/21/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30980, p2
Summarizes the performance of the United States bond market, as of September 20, 2000. Government securities prices; Municipal bond index; 30-day visible supply; United States trade deficit as indicator.