NAIPFA: It's Time to Update Rule G-23's Disclosure, Resignation Requirements
- MSRB Rules Could Hurt Issuers. HUME, LYNN; GLAZIER, KYLE // Bond Buyer;6/19/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33931, p1
This article discusses the impact of the retail order periods proposed by the U.S. Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board on bond issuers. Non-deal financial advisors warned that the proposal could exploit issuers. Jeanine Rodgers Caruso, president of the National Association of Independent...
- MSRB Changes MA Conduct Proposal, But Not Principal Transaction Bar. Casey, Jack // Bondbuyer.com;8/14/2015, p1
The Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board has proposed several changes to clarify its proposed Rule G-42 on core duties of municipal advisors but declined to ease a controversial provision that would bar an MA giving advice from acting as a principal in the same transaction.
- DISSECTING BONDS. BERARD, YAMIL // IRE Journal;Spring2011, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p20
The article discusses the Electronic Municipal Market Access (EMMA) system of the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB). EMMA shows financial statements and material event disclosures for municipal bonds, making it useful for reporters investigating private-activity municipal bonds, state...
- Illinois Picks Book-Runner, Two Minority Firms for $380M Deal. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/15/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32090, p1
Reports on the selection of Citigroup Global Markets Inc. to run the books on the planned sale by the state of Illinois. Total value of the general obligation bonds; Names of the two minority firms participating on the deal; Plan to structure the new money bonds so that it can be sold with a...
- Southern California Airport Expects Another Debt Default. JENSEN, RANDALL // Bond Buyer;11/20/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33816, p5
The article reports that the Southern California Logistics Airport Authority (SCLAA) has said that it expects more defaults on its debt. In a disclosure made to the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board, the SCLAA said that it would default on December 1, 2012, on principal payments worth...
- MSRB Proposes Guidance on Bond Prices, Compensation. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;2/19/2016, Vol. 1 Issue F355, p1
The Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board has released proposed rule changes that would provide guidance on how municipal securities dealers should price bonds and calculate their compensation.
- MSRB: Be Aware Of BABs. HUME, LYNN // Bond Buyer;6/13/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33928, p1
The article informs that the U.S. Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) is asking to bond investors and dealers for reviewing the redemption provisions of Build America Bonds (BABs) and direct-pay bonds to determine the impact of redemption on the bonds' market value.
- MSRB notice on POS's opens the floodgates for Internet posting. Cintron, Ivan // Bond Buyer;03/17/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30600, p34
Reports on United States Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's notice on electronic filing of preliminary official statements of bond broker-dealers and issuers. Transmission of certain information to customer electronically.
- MSRB: Expand Pricing Data. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;09/07/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30720, p1
Reports on the proposal of the United States Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board to provide market participants with expanded daily pricing and other information on municipal securities transactions. Total par value traded and high, low, and average price for the day.