Virginia Senate Approves Loan Program to Boost Dam Safety
- Virginia Resources Authority to Sell $173 Million in Pooled Transaction. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;11/3/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33210, p5
The article reports on the expected sale of 173.3 million dollars municipal bonds as well as 68.7 million dollars direct-pay Build America Bonds which will offer loans to 15 borrowers for infrastructure in Virginia. Virginia Resources Authority says the proceeds will be used to help finance...
- Heading off a 'water Waterloo'. Barlas, Steven // Public Works;Jun2012, Vol. 143 Issue 7, p47
The article suggests proposals for expanding U.S. federal support beyond low-interest state revolving loans. It is suggested that creating a Water Infrastructure Financing Innovations Authority would supplement the revolving loan programs. It is stated that innovative financing concept would...
- Bechara flood control to cost more than $78 million. Carmona, José L. // Caribbean Business;7/10/2008, Vol. 36 Issue 27, p36
The article reports that the Bechara flood control project is expected to be completed by the end of 2009 in Puerto Rico. Local government agencies and the City of San Juan met to get an update on the project. With additional improvements needed, the contract's estimated total cost of $78...
- Republicans Trying to Steer Rail Funds Toward Flood-Control Aid. Moore, Dennis // Bond Buyer;7/14/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33549, p4
The article reports on the attempt of the Republican legislators to divert the one billion dollar of high-speed rail funding in the stimulus program towards flood-control aid in the Midwest part of the U.S.
- Congressman Hall gives a 'dam'. Skriloff, Dylan // Hudson Valley Business Journal;8/13/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 33, p4
The article reports that U.S. Congressman John Hall is advocating bills in Congress that ask for federal assistance in repairing dams and improving flood control infrastructure in Hudson Valley, New York. Hall co-sponsored the Dam Rehabilitation and Repair Act of 2007 which is intended to...
- Corps absorbs wave of blame for missing work deadlines. LaRose, Greg // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);12/25/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 26, p34
The article reports on criticisms made against the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers for levee failures that were unable to protect New Orleans, Louisiana from hurricanes Katrina and Rita. The Corps was tasked to enact makeshift repairs to damaged flood and protection systems. Congress even directed...
- TOPICS is Brought to You by Virginia Resources Authority. // Government Financial Management TOPICS;1/12/2009, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p8
The article reports that Virginia Resources Authority is seeking a skilled professional to support administration and finance.
- TOPICS is Brought to You by Virginia Resources Authority. // Government Financial Management TOPICS;1/12/2009, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p16
The article focuses on an advertisement by Director of Administration & Finance of the Virginia Resources Authority for a skilled professional to manage staff and provide administrative support.
- Virginia Localities Find VRA a `Pleasant Borrowing Experience'. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;06/08/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30908, p30
Reports on the loans available from the Virginia Resources Authority. Construction of environmental infrastructure like sewer and drinking water facilities; Popularity of revolving funds.