Municipal Bond Activities
- MUNICIPAL BOND ACTIVITIES. // Bond Buyer;7/03/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31670, p29
Presents activities of various groups and organization based in the United States dealing in bonds and securities. Hosts of the first symposium on Specialty Credits at the Tremont Boston Hotel in Boston, Massachusetts; Schedule of the 13th Annual California Public Finance Conference organized...
- MUNICIPAL BOND ACTIVITIES. // Bond Buyer;12/18/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31784, p28
Presents a calendar of events on congresses and conventions related to bonds in the U.S. Details of the 8th Annual Texas Finance Conference in Austin; Information on the 9th Annual Legal and Compliance Conference in New York; Background on the 6th Southeast Public Finance Conference in Florida.
- NORTHEAST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;4/26/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31870, p38
Presents a chart showing details of bonds to be issued in the Northeastern U.S. in May and June 2004. Names of issuers; Amounts; Sale dates; Issues by Connecticut's Housing Finance Agency; Massachusetts state general obligation debts; New Jersey's Housing and Mortgage Finance Agency; New York...
- Moody's, S&P Upgrade Tennessee Agency Ahead of $51M Ban Sale. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;6/4/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31400, p5
Reports on the upgraded financial structure of Tennessee Local Development Authority. Plan to sell bonds; Financial rating of the department; Proceeds of the Ban sale to finance public work projects of local government.
- Arena Plan Advances. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;10/12/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32485, p35
The article reports on the construction of an arena in Louisville, Kentucky that will be funded with bonds because the sale of a key piece of property to the Louisville Arena Authority was approved by the Kentucky Public Service Commission. The land where the $300 million arena will be built was...
- Rates Prompt Maryland's WSSC to Delay Refunding. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;11/9/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32007, p4
Reports that the Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission (WSSC) of Maryland has postponed a multimillion-dollar general obligation advance refunding due to unfavorable interest rates. Withdrawal of the AAA rating for the bond issue by Fitch Ratings; Bonds comprising the advance refunding;...
- Cook County Finance Committee Approves $600M Mixed Bond Sale. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/24/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31912, p1
Reports on the approval regarding the issuance of mixed bonds by the commissioners' finance committee in Cook County, Illinois. Use of the bonds to replenish the capital projects funds; Criticisms of some commissioners arguing that the bond levy and capital plans should be approved along with...
- Eastpointe planners to review 3 proposals. Mercer, Tenisha // Crain's Detroit Business;05/26/97, Vol. 13 Issue 21, p23
No abstract available.
- Calif. PUC Member Bilas Mulls Rate Pact. // Bond Buyer;10/24/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31250, p44
Focuses on the approval of a member of the California Public Utility Commission to reconsider passing a rate agreement that would allow Dept. of Water Resources to issue funds in power purchase revenue bonds. Opinion of Commission president Loretta Lynch regarding the rate agreement.