District Council OKs Ballpark Lease, But Questions Remain
- Sports. // Not For Tourists Guide to Washington DC, 2008;2008, p234
The article provides information on different sports facilities in Washington, D.C. Among these sports facilities are the FedEx Field, M&T Bank Stadium, and the Oriole Park at Camden Yards. A brief description of each facility is provided, along with information about how to get there and how to...
- D.C. Mayor Recognizes Resistance to Stadium Plan, Pledges to Move Forward. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/7/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31985, p6
Reports that Washington D.C. Mayor Anthony Williams has acknowledged that there is some community opposition to his plan to build a new baseball stadium on October 6, 2004. Organizations that opposed the Mayor's plan; Reason behind the opposition of these organization; Action taken by the Mayor...
- Galveston Eyes New Stadium. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;1/26/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33255, p9
The article reports that the trustees of the Galveston Independent School District in Texas have voted to pursue the state's project on building a new football stadium.
- Latest Plan Would Sell Land to Keep Cubs in Arizona. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;6/7/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33328, p6
The article reports on the move of the city of Mesa, Arizona to raise 84 million dollars in an effort to finance a spring training facility for the state's Chicago Cubs baseball team without a state bond issue.
- Sports are big business. // State Legislatures;Dec96, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p6
Focuses on the income generated by sports facilities in the United States. Enumeration of sources of revenue; Importance of luxury seating; Contribution of team owners to stadium construction.
- National stadium plan hopes to score. Milton, Tina // Leisure & Hospitality Business;9/6/2001, p2
Highlights the proposed national stadium construction in Birmingham, England. Design features; Potential funding boost for the proposal; Estimation on its cost.
- Connecticut megaplex proposal reignites quest for UConn stadium. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;04/21/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30376, p36
Reports that a proposed sports arena and convention center complex for the city of Hartford has revived interest in a new stadium for the University of Connecticut's Huskies football team. Bond floatation proposed by Governor John G. Rowland; Justification for a new stadium; Downtown...
- Is baseball destined for LI? Anastasi, Nick // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);09/01/97, Vol. 44 Issue 35, p1
Reports on a controversy over the use of 35 of 840 acres at the Pilgrim State Psychiatric facility in Brentwood, New York to build a minor league baseball stadium. Demand for government subsidies by those touting the economic benefits of the project; Arguments of those opposed to the stadium.
- To subsidize or not to subsidize? First, ask who benefits. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;09/23/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30236, p9
Looks at issues involved in subsidizing the construction of new stadiums and arenas for professional sports teams in the United States. Opinion of panelists at `The Bond Buyer' journal's 1997 Stadium and Arena Finance Conference; Benefits of stadiums and arenas to the community; Importance of...