John White of Cravath Swaine Picked To Be Director of Corporation Finance
- Cravath after Sam. Gabriel, Frederick // Crain's New York Business;06/16/97, Vol. 13 Issue 24, p1
Looks at the difficulties faced by the legal firm Cravath Swaine and Moore as it approaches a different legal environment. Resignation of top lawyer David Boies; Firm's revenue for 1995; Anticipation of leading partner's retirement; Who is favoured for the top position.
- Cleaning up. Wagner, B. // U.S. News & World Report;3/16/92, Vol. 112 Issue 10, p12
Reports that the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. (FDIC) and the Resolution Trust Corp. hired the high-profile New York firm of Cravath, Swaine & Moore to go after Drexel Burnham Lambert Inc. and junk bondsman Michael Milken. Led by power litigators Thomas Barr and David Boies; The firm is...
- SEC Names Associate Director in Northeast. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;07/06/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30926, p5
Announces the appointment of Barry W. Rashkover as associate regional director of the United States Securities and Exchange Commission's Northeast Regional Office in New York City. Profile on Rashkover.
- Newly Sworn-In Chairman to Address Commission Staff Today. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;8/4/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32189, p5
Reports on the inauguration of Christopher Cox as chairman of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Career background of Cox; Professional relationship with Federal Reserve chairman Alan Greenspan.
- SEC Chairman Levitt Steps Down. // Practical Accountant;Feb2001, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p15
Reports on Internal Revenue Service Securities & Exchange Commission Chairman Arthur Levitt's departure after more than seven years in office.
- New SEC Chief Accountant. // Practical Accountant;Nov2001, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p30
Announces the appointment of Robert K. Herdman as chief accountant at the United States Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Lawyers turning down SEC job. Anand, Vineeta // Pensions & Investments;10/19/1998, Vol. 26 Issue 21, p2
Reports that many lawyers have rejected the offer to become head of the investment management division of the US Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC). Division's responsibilities; Names of lawyers who have been asked to apply and who rejected the offer; Reasons for the lawyers' rejections;...
- SEC's Valerie Caproni to Join New York Law Firm. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;06/01/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31151, p64
Reports on Valerie Caproni's plan to resign as director of the United States Securities and Exchange Commission's Pacific regional office in Los Angeles, California.
- SEC chooses Nazareth for market regulation. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;03/15/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30598, p2
Reports on the appointment of Annette Nazareth as director of the United States Securities & Exchange Commission's division of market regulation.