Kansas City, Mo., to Launch Major Finance Department Reorganization
- Moody's, S&P Upgrade Tennessee Agency Ahead of $51M Ban Sale. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;6/4/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31400, p5
Reports on the upgraded financial structure of Tennessee Local Development Authority. Plan to sell bonds; Financial rating of the department; Proceeds of the Ban sale to finance public work projects of local government.
- New Jersey Assembly OKs Measure to Restructure $1.8 Billion of TTF Debt. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;3/17/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32341, p3
The article reports on the approval of a multimillion-dollar budget to restructure and refund the Transportation Trust Fund Authority by the New Jersey Assembly. The trust fund restructuring bill was introduced by Assemblyman John Wisniewski, who heads the transportation and public works...
- An introduction to this issue's special topic: political and administrative reform in Japan. Reed, SR // Social Science Japan Journal;Oct99, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p155
Introduces articles concerning the political and administrative reform in Japan, featured in the 1999 issue of the 'Social Science Japan Journal.' Issues surrounding administrative reform; Adoption of electoral system in 1994; Analysis of public finance; Accounts on administrative reform.
- Wayne County Executive Begins Cutting. Devitt, Caitlin // Bondbuyer.com;4/1/2015, p1
The head of Wayne County, Mich., which is on track to run out of cash by next year, announced a series of cuts that mark the first phase of a larger restructuring aimed at staving off a state takeover.
- Analysts Skeptical of Plan to Save Waterbury, Conn.'s Finances. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;12/04/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31029, p44
Reports the doubts of analysts on the financial plan to save the takeover of Waterbury, Connecticut. Increase in special tax for deficit financing; Use of the tax to finance city borrowing for cash-shortage coverage; Support for the implementation of the city's own financial plan and avoid a...
- Puerto Rico's general fund net revenue edged up in May. Valentin-Mari, Jeffry // Caribbean Business;7/13/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 27, p11
Reports the increase in general fund net revenue of the government in Puerto Rico. Role of the Treasury Department in monitoring the revenue; Possibility of reaching the targeted growth rate; Attribution of increase in the Treasury Department collections to taxation.
- Georgia, Tennessee Both Cite 5%-Plus Revenue Growth in October. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;11/12/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32009, p6
Reports on the increases in Georgia and Tennessee's revenue collections for October 2004. Revenue boost for Georgia from its addition of three deposit days; Comparison between projected and actual revenue growth.
- Minnesota Faces $185 Million Budget Gap, Far Less Than in Recent Years. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/4/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31774, p29
Reports that Minnesota is facing a $185 million gap it its $47 billion fiscal 2004-5 budget, based on the state's economic forecast. Reduction of revenue projections for the biennium; Attribution of the reduction to lagging sales and income tax revenues.
- Convention Bureau and PRHTA want Tourism Co. to collect room tax. Guadalupe-Fajardo, Evelyn // Caribbean Business;6/19/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 24, p40
Reports on the support of the Convention Bureau for the transfer of responsibility for collecting room taxes from the Treasury Department to the Puerto Rico Tourism Co. in Puerto Rico. Source of funds for the construction cost of the Puerto Rico Convention Center; Opposition of the bureau to the...