Virginia Budget Plan Gets S&P Thumbs Up
- Chanhassen Upgraded. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/14/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31925, p31
Reports that Standard & Poor's has upgraded the long-term underlying rating on Chanhassen's general obligation debt.
- S&P lowers outlook on reform delays. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;10/17/2003, Vol. 47 Issue 42, p24
Reports on the decision of Standard & Poor's to lower its outlook on the sovereign ratings of Lebanon to stable from positive. Significance of the outlook revision; Proposed budget for 2004; Factors that will influence a rating improvement.
- Puerto Rico Infrastructure Financing Authority Lowered To 'B-'. // Bondbuyer.com;2/27/2015, p42
The article reports the move by Standard & Poor's (S&P) Ratings Services as of late February 2015 to downgrade its rating on Puerto Rico Infrastructure Financing Authority's series 2011B and 2011C revenue bonds to B-minus from BB-minus.
- Littleton, Mass., S&P Outlook Negative. // Bond Buyer;5/11/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32130, p2
The article reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. said it revised its outlook on the rating on Littleton, Massachusetts, general obligation debt outstanding to negative from stable based on the town's deteriorated financial position due to poor operating results and the drawdown of reserves to...
- MICHIGAN: S&P Warns of Downgrade. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/14/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32586, p9
The article reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. has warned lawmakers to act during the legislative session regarding the potential downgrade of state budget in Michigan. According to the report, Michigan received AA rating and the only state with a negative outlook from the rating agency....
- Reform blown down in the wind. Maginnis, John // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);5/22/95, Vol. 15 Issue 46, p5
Opinion. Criticizes the failure of fiscal reform in Louisiana. Bonus for state worker; Lobbying by teachers; Amount of the 1994 surplus considered as recurring revenue by the Revenue Estimating Conference; Use in retiring state debt; Covering Medicaid deficit.
- Standard & Poor's Report Sees Continued Rise in TIF Bond Issuance. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/24/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32326, p3
The article reports on the rise of tax-increment financing (TIF) bond issuance in the United States. This will be due to the eagerness of local governments to fund projects with TIF. The real estate market that generates the tax revenue needed to service the bonds remain strong according to a...
- Anderson County, S.C, Raised to AA bv S&P. // Bond Buyer;9/20/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32221, p2
Reports on the upgrade of the bond rating of Anderson County, South Carolina from AA-minus to AA by Standard & Poor's Corp. Influence of the county's sound financial management and enhanced planning on the upgrade of the bond rating; Condition of the wealth levels of the county.
- S&P Looks at Appropriations Risk Linked to Affordable Housing Deals. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/24/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31827, p4
Reveals the finding in a report by Standard & Poor's that, as appropriation-backed affordable-housing bond deals become increasingly common, analysts and municipal market participants introduce novel means of measuring the appropriation risk associated with the transactions. Historical reliance...