Reorganized United Parent Debuts on Nasdaq, Offers Investors a little Hope
- Nasdaq Pauses For Breather. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;3/24/2015, pA01
1 Stocks drifted on currency shifts and uncertainties, as the eurozone tightened its focus on Greece. The Nasdaq dimmed 0.3%, its 1st slip in 6 sessions. The S&P 500 eased 0.2%. The dollar ceded more ground to the euro and the yen. That, in turn, helped oil to a 2% gain. Gold rose a fraction....
- United's Legal Woes Put Investors on Accountability Alert. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;10/29/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31750, p6
Reports on the legal uncertainty surrounding the revenue bonds issued for special facilities leased by United Airlines Inc. in Chicago, Illinois. Impact of the case on investors; Airports where special facilities revenue bonds have been issued for United; Control over airports' lease structures.
- Greek Bonds Spoil Late Rally. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;2/5/2015, pA01
1 Stocks ended mostly lower as the ECB rejection of Greek bonds as collateral thwarted a late comeback. The S&P 500 fell 0.4% and the Nasdaq 0.2%. The Dow rose a fraction. Volume was mixed. The 10-year note yield fell 4 basis points to 1.75%. Oil tumbled.
- Stocks Hold Solid Gains; Airline Stocks Get Lift. ANDREW EDWARDS // Investors Business Daily;10/14/2014, p00
Stocks held on to solid gains in early-afternoon trading Tuesday, following a rough three-day slide in the major indexes.
- Power Hungry. // Traders Magazine;Jan2010, Vol. 23 Issue 304, p33
The article reports on the reactions of financial services industry analysts on NASDAQ Stock Market's new N2EX British wholesale power exchange.
- Stocks: 'Twas Busy, Flat Day. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;12/30/2014, pA01
1 Stocks ended flat after the short New Year's Eve week opened. The S&P 500 barely rose 0.1%. The Nasdaq held. Small caps showed a pulse, lifting the Russell 2000 0.3%. Greece and wobbly oil prices shook global markets. U.S. volume rose and defensive plays showed strength, with some utilities...
- Investors Enjoy A Quiet Gain. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;8/15/2014, pA01
1 Weak global data and more U.S. jobless failed to discourage investors as the market notched mild gains in soft trade. The Nasdaq nosed up 0.4%, putting it ahead 1.9% so far this week. The S&P 500 also added 0.4%, testing resistance at its 50-day line.
- Stocks Seesaw, Close Mixed. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;9/18/2015, pA01
1 Indexes ran up, then down and finished mixed after the Fed left rates unchanged. The Nasdaq eked out a 0.1% gain; the S&P 500 fell 0.3%, and the Dow dropped 0.4%. Volume was higher on both exchanges. Biotechs and airlines were the top-performing groups. The yield on the 10-year Treasury note...
- Stocks Higher In Rising Trade. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;4/9/2015, pA01
1 The Nasdaq led with an 0.8% gain as the market held firm through the Fed's latest minutes. The S&P 500 added 0.3%, weighed down by energy issues. Crude oil plunged 6% on surging U.S. inventory. Drug stocks, airlines and security software gained. The 10-year yield rose 3 ticks to 1.91%.