Frisco, Tex., Schools Looking at Possible $1.2B Bond Plan
- NORTH CAROLINA: Wake Weighs School Needs. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;5/1/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32869, p9
The article reports on the bond referendum to be conducted by the officials of Wake County, North Carolina to decide on best ways of handling the growing school capital needs. The officials of the county are trying to work on how many schools should be opened throughout the year since greater...
- Texas School District to Ask Voters for $693M. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/25/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32554, p1
The article focuses on the opportunity of voters in the Northside Independent School District in Dallas, Texas to consider a $693 million general obligation bond package in May 2007. The package will mark the largest debt question ever posted by a South Texas school system. It is expected to...
- Arizona Polygamists to Vote on Bonds, Property Tax Hike. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;8/26/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31956, p4
Reports that the school district in northern Arizona, Colorado City Unified School District No. 14, is seeking approval for a 1.5 million dollar bond issue. Unanimous vote made by the trustees of the school district to put the bond proposal before voters in November 2004; Purposes for which bond...
- Washington Voters Defeat Most Local School Bond Measures. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;03/16/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30850, p4
Focuses on unofficial election results of local school bond measures in Washington. Improvement bonds for Kent School District; General obligation bonds for Bethel School District; Passage of planned government obligation bond issue for Arlington School District.
- School District Hopes Second Time Proves Charm for Bond Referendum. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/08/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31013, p4
Reports on the referendum plan for the school bond proposal of the Wylie Independent School District in Wylie, Texas. Details of the proposed school bond issue; Division of the plan into seven propositions to improve the plan's chances for voter approval.
- Three Michigan School Districts Plan Big Bond Referendums. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;08/30/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30715, p3
Reports that school districts in three mid-sized Michigan cities are planning bond referendums in the year 2000. Amount that the three districts want voters to approve; Expenditures faced by Michigan district schools; Recruitment of pollsters to identify just what voters will support.
- Voters in Texas' Big Spring, Crosby School Districts Reject Bond Plans. Philyaw, Jason // Bond Buyer;5/14/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32878, p6
The article reports that voters in the Big Spring Independent School District in West Texas have rejected a $34 million school bond referendum and voters in the Crosby Independent School District in Houston, Texas, have also rejected a $103.5 million new debt. Voters approved $7.4bn of school...
- Tulsa County, Okla., to Vote on $162M of GOs for Schools. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;9/6/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32211, p34
Reports on the inclusion of the general obligation bond package from Tulsa County Independent School District No. 1 in the referendum in Oklahoma. Need for voters to approve the said bond package before it can be offered to the market; Use of the proceeds of the bond to provide funding to...
- Texas Voters OK Two Bond Questions. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;02/27/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31085, p2
Focuses on suburban school district voters' approval of two Texas-sized bond packages. Construction of school facilities to keep up with fast-growing student populations; Renovation of campuses at the Northside Independent School District near San Antonio, Texas; Northwest Independent School...