- Munis Slightly Weaker as Big Deals Price. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;6/10/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33331, p2
The article focuses on the market performance of municipal bonds in the U.S. It argues that the market is running into a classical standoff between the buyers and the dealers. It also notes that bonds are subject to make-whole call at Treasuries plus 30 basis points. It adds that bonds mature...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;06/19/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30915, p32
Presents charts and graphs on the municipal bond market in the United States as of June 19, 2000 Short-term tax-exempt yields; Securities prices; Visible supply declines; New-issue balances; Futures market; Municipal bond index.
- A WISE INCOME STRATEGY. Teitelbaum, Richard S. // Fortune;3/21/1994, Vol. 129 Issue 6, p147
Recommends ways of investment in bonds that can fetch more money to the investors. Yields on 30-year U.S. Treasury bonds; Rise of yields among short-term securities; Importance of diversifying one's investments because it can be a safety against single calamity; Significance for tax-exempt bonds.
- GOVERNMENT BONDS. Olyphant, Murray // Banking;Apr66, Vol. 58 Issue 10, p10
Deals with government bonds in the U.S. as of April 1966. Status of the government bonds in January and February 1966; Cause of inflation fear; Information on the business loans of the Reporting Member Banks from January 26, to February 23, 1966.
- Municipal Aid. Korn, Donald Jay // Financial Planning;Mar2009, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p77
The article focuses on the perceived risks that reflect the high municipal (muni) bond yields in the U.S. in 2008. According to Milton Ezrati of Lord Abbett, the yield of long-term investment-grade muni bonds exceeded that of Treasuries of comparable duration. The preference of investors for...
- Market Post: Miami-Dade Sells Bonds; DASNY Deal Ahead. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;1/7/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34238, p1
The municipal bond market welcomed the first of the week's new supply as Miami-Dade County, Fla., sold three separate general obligation bond deals totaling $398.745 million.
- Munis Unchanged With Firmer Tone. Scarchilli, Michael; Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;10/5/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32728, p2
The article reports on the performance of the municipal bond and Treasury bond markets in the U.S. for the week ended October 4, 2007. The municipal market was unchanged with a firmer tone in October 4 and Treasury market showed mild gains. Trades were mostly unchanged, according to the...
- Munis Much Weaker After Wednesday's Rebound. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;1/25/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32802, p2
The article reports on the performance of the municipal bond and Treasury markets in the U.S. for the week ended January 23, 2008. At the end of the week, municipal bonds were substantially weaker while the Treasury market showed losses. According to traders, tax-exempt yields increased by 3 to...
- The Bond Market Association Predicts Soft Landing. Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;12/06/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31031, p6
No abstract available.