Missouri Education Agency Sells Assets to Fund Governor's Initiative
- Revised MOHELA Plan. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/19/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32363, p35
The article reports on the education plan revised by the Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority. The plan provides more funding for higher education construction projects while cutting funding proposed by Governor Matt Blunt for student scholarships from 100 million to 12.3 million dollars and...
- South Carolina Dealing for Higher Ed. TEMPLE-WEST, PATRICK // Bond Buyer;2/7/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33462, p5
The article reports on the issuance of 342.7 million dollars worth of refunding bonds and 126.2 million dollars worth of general obligation bonds for higher education in South Carolina.
- Shortfalls Haven't Scared North Carolina Away From Bonding. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;3/7/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31339, p26
Reports the plan of North Carolina to issue general obligation bonds. Use of the proceeds for higher education and public schools; Inclusion of taxable bonds; Statement of deputy state treasurer Robert High on the sale.
- Welcome, St. John's: In a first of Texas, prep school enters tax-exempt market. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;01/06/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30304, p28
Reports on Houston Higher Education Finance Corp.'s sale of $10.1 million of revenue bonds in Texas. School's plan to use the money to purchase land and build new facilities; Moody's Investors Service's rating to the bonds.
- Tuition Bonds on Tap. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;6/7/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33528, p7
The article reports on the bill proposed by Senator Judith Zaffirini of Laredo, Texas to allow state colleges and universities to issue a total of 100 million dollars of tuition revenue bonds.
- Missouri Loan Authority Approves Asset Sale Plan After Public Input. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/14/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32338, p6
The article reports on the proposal of the Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority to sell half of its five billion loan portfolio to raise funds for higher-education projects. Included in the proposal is to sell some of the authority's assets in the budget of Governor Matt Blunt. A resolution...
- Education a Priority For State's New Governor. Viadero, Debra // Education Week;1/19/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 19, p18
The article informs that Missouri's newly inaugurated governor, in his first day on the job, January 10, 2005, pledged to make education a top priority. In an inaugural address that was short on specifics, Governor Matt Blunt, a Republican who previously was Missouri's secretary of state, said...
- School Funding Tweak. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/6/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32166, p31
Reports that Governor Matt Blunt has signed legislation that alters how the state pays for education, with 800 million dollar being provided annually for school districts as the plan is phased in over the next .seven years in Missouri.
- Georgia University System's 65-Year P3 Closely Watched by Industry. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/19/2014, Issue 34213, p1
The University System of Georgia's 65-year college housing privatization, which will defease $325 million in bonds, is being closely watched by higher education, finance, and housing industries.