Ways & Means' Thomas Moves to Strike Bond Provision From Rail Legislation
- No Experts On Munis for House Panel. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;01/03/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31049, p1
No abstract available.
- WHEN LOYALTY ADDS UP TO BIG TAX BREAKS. Vaughan, Martin; Singer, Paul // National Journal;10/16/2004, Vol. 36 Issue 42, p3150
Deals with the amendment of the massive corporate tax bill being heard by the U.S. House Ways and Means Committee. Recipient of most of the plums; Purpose of the bill; Reason of House Ways and Means Chairman Bill Thomas, R-Calif., for conducting the conference in public; Industries that backed...
- Bill Thomas's Legacy. Cohen, Richard E. // National Journal;3/11/2006, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p46
The author assesses the contributions of California Representative Bill Thomas as chairman of the U.S. House Ways and Means Committee. On tax cuts, international trade agreements, and the Medicare prescription drug benefit, in particular, Thomas has been a master in building coalitions and...
- HIAA Says Medicare Legislation Recognizes Concerns About Underpayment And Overregulation. Mangan, Joseph F. // Insurance Advocate;10/21/2000, Vol. 111 Issue 42, p33
Focuses on a legislation introduced by Bill Thomas, chairman of the United States Subcommittee on Health of the House of Ways and Means Committee, that would restore to the Medicare+Choice many resources earlier legislation has diverted. Benefits of the Medicare+Choice; Claims of the health...
- Industry Likes Thomas as New Chairman of Ways and Means. Brostoff, Steven // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;1/15/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 3, p14
Highlights the views of the insurance industry on the appointment of Representative Bill Thomas (R-Calif.) as chairman of the United States House Ways and Means Committee. Scope of the committee's authority; His plans for the tax system; Public opinion on Thomas.
- Drug bill could target DTC. Teinowitz, Ira // Advertising Age;4/29/2002, Vol. 73 Issue 17, p3
Reports that U.S. Congress' House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Bill Thomas has announced that he intends to include direct-to-consumer prescription drug advertising language in Medicare legislation. Questions about what the direct-to-consumer advertising elements would be; How the ads have...
- China Trade Bill to Get Push in House. Ellis, Kristi // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/15/2005, Vol. 190 Issue 10, p3
Focuses on the support for the U.S. Trade Rights Enforcement Act, a bill that addresses China's trading practices and growing economic dominance, by House Ways Committee chairman Bill Thomas. Criticism against the bill by Democrats; Provision of the bill.
- Rep. Thomas to Retire. // HomeCare Magazine;Apr2006, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p8
The article reports on the planned resignation of Representative Bill Thomas as chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee in California. Thomas announced that he will not ask for re-election, making an end to his 14th term. His tenure was considered as instrumental in the passage of a...
- THE MEAN SEASON AT WAYS AND MEANS. Cohen, Richard E. // National Journal;10/20/2001, Vol. 33 Issue 42, p3260
Profiles Representative Bill Thomas, R-Calif., who took over as United States House Ways and Means Committee chairman in January 2001. Information on the bills introduced by Thomas in October; Criticism against Thomas; Knowledge of Thomas on tax issues.