Consumer Confidence At Highest Level Since '02
- Some Affluent Demand Seen Waning; Rate Rise Decelerates. Sinnock, Boonie // National Mortgage News;11/14/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p5
Focuses on the decline of the affluent consumer confidence index in the U.S. Result of the concerns about the future performance of the national economy; Decrease in the weekly loan application report of the Mortgage Bankers Association; Assessment of the average long-term mortgage rate.
- Smiles Turn Into Frowns: Holiday Worries Increase On Weak Economic Data. Young, Vicki M.; Poggi, Jeanine // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/29/2006, Vol. 192 Issue 112, p1
The article reports on the decline of consumer confidence in November 2006 in the U.S. which led to the negative outlook for the Christmas holiday season. Softening confidence, coupled with the decline in house prices and plunging durable goods orders, could mean consumers might be inclined to...
- Syracuse consumer confidence behind most cities. Spohr, George // Business Journal (Central New York);4/16/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 16, p6
Reports on the rate of consumer confidence in Syracuse, New York. Implications of consumer confidence on the optimism or pessimism of consumers regarding the economy; Key indicator of the strength of the economy; Strength of sales and services.
- Dear Readers. Loeb, Edward R. // Gourmet Retailer;Dec2005, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p6
The article presents the author's views of the year 2005. During the first five months of the year, the author endured two surgical procedures to repair a fractured ankle followed by a little open heart surgery while attending the Las Vegas Gourmet Products Show. Compared to a major earthquake...
- Confidence Down For October. Hogsett, Don // Home Textiles Today;10/31/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p19
Reports on the decline of the consumer confidence index in the United States as of October 2005. Key factors contributing to the decline of consumer confidence; Buying plans of consumers for October; Consumer confidence by region.
- Consumer confidence rose. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;3/14/2014, pA02
Consumer confidence rose this week, according to Bloomberg's comfort index. At -27.6, the index is at its 2nd-highest level since Aug. It was the 5th straight week of increases.
- Consumer confidence is tricky economic indicator. Barkey, Patrick // Indianapolis Business Journal;1/10/2005, Vol. 25 Issue 45, p30
Reports on the importance of consumer confidence as an economic indicator in Indianapolis, Indiana which resulted from the Conference Board's survey for the month of December 2004. Failure of the consumer spending to grow during the recession of 2001; Factors that might probably cause the...
- How should we think about consumer confidence? Berry, Stuart; Davey, Melissa // Bank of England Quarterly Bulletin;Autumn2004, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p282
In the United Kingdom, movements in confidence have been closely related to annual real consumption growth over the past 30 years. But both these series have common determinants. This article shows that the standard economic determinants of consumption such as income, wealth and interest rates...
- Consumers still bank on bricks. // Mortgage Strategy;8/22/2005, p14
Cites a survey revealing that consumers' confidence in property is still on the up despite warnings of a house price slowdown in Great Britain. Percentage of respondents believing an increase in the value of their homes; Factors contributing to the high confidence level of consumers; Status of...