Consumer Confidence At Highest Level Since '02
- Consumer confidence is tricky economic indicator. Barkey, Patrick // Indianapolis Business Journal;1/10/2005, Vol. 25 Issue 45, p30
Reports on the importance of consumer confidence as an economic indicator in Indianapolis, Indiana which resulted from the Conference Board's survey for the month of December 2004. Failure of the consumer spending to grow during the recession of 2001; Factors that might probably cause the...
- How should we think about consumer confidence? Berry, Stuart; Davey, Melissa // Bank of England Quarterly Bulletin;Autumn2004, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p282
In the United Kingdom, movements in confidence have been closely related to annual real consumption growth over the past 30 years. But both these series have common determinants. This article shows that the standard economic determinants of consumption such as income, wealth and interest rates...
- Some Affluent Demand Seen Waning; Rate Rise Decelerates. Sinnock, Boonie // National Mortgage News;11/14/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p5
Focuses on the decline of the affluent consumer confidence index in the U.S. Result of the concerns about the future performance of the national economy; Decrease in the weekly loan application report of the Mortgage Bankers Association; Assessment of the average long-term mortgage rate.
- Consumers still bank on bricks. // Mortgage Strategy;8/22/2005, p14
Cites a survey revealing that consumers' confidence in property is still on the up despite warnings of a house price slowdown in Great Britain. Percentage of respondents believing an increase in the value of their homes; Factors contributing to the high confidence level of consumers; Status of...
- Danish consumer confidence down. // Market: Europe;May2007, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p4
The article reports that Denmark's overall consumer confidence has declined from 11.8 points in January 2007 to 9.2 points in February 2007 to 8.8 points in March 2007. The backward looking household index has decreased from 12.9 points in February 2007 to 11.9 points in March 2007 while the...
- The Impact of Consumer Confidence and Expectation on Consumption in Nigeria: Evidence from Panel Data. Onyema, Oduh Moses; Ogechi, Oduh Maryann; Chukwuemeka, Ekeocha Patterson // European Journal of Business & Management;2012, Vol. 4 Issue 9, p86
The Nigerian economy witnessed a significant growth turning point from the early 2000s after it returned to democratic rule in 1997. But the strong economic growth posted by the country has not served to substantially reduce poverty, inequality, unemployment, exchange rate, inflation and...
- Consumer Confidence Slips. Weitzman, Jennifer // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/31/2003, Vol. 186 Issue 133, p2
Reports on the overall consumer confidence in the U.S. for the year 2003. Identification of the Consumer Confidence Index for the month of December 2003; Views of some executives in the U.S. retail industry regarding the consumer confidence results; Status of employment and other economic...
- Syracuse consumer confidence behind most cities. Spohr, George // Business Journal (Central New York);4/16/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 16, p6
Reports on the rate of consumer confidence in Syracuse, New York. Implications of consumer confidence on the optimism or pessimism of consumers regarding the economy; Key indicator of the strength of the economy; Strength of sales and services.
- Consumer confidence up slightly in May. // Furniture/Today;5/31/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 38, p35
Reports on the slight gain in overall confidence in the U.S. in May 2004. Increase in consumers' buying plans for big-ticket items; Consumers' wait-and-see attitude about the present compared with the near future; Decline in the Present Situation Index.