Volume Drops 21% In January
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;6/16/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31906, p32
Presents statistics on bonds and securities in the United States. Municipal bond index; Short-term tax-exempt yields; Securities prices; Municipal market data general obligation yields; Visible supply declines; New-issue balances; Reoffering yields; Merrill Lynch corporate bond indexes; Prices...
- Munis Weaken in 'Sloppy' Session; Yonkers, N.Y., Offering Postponed. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;3/24/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31848, p2
Reports on the postponement of municipal bonds in Yonkers, New York. Assessment of equity gains; Evaluation of the government bond market; Impact of the weakness in tax-exempts on the postponement.
- Headline Risk Returns to Haunt Munis. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;1/13/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33450, p2
The article reports on the increase of tax-exempt yields in New York City. According to a Los Angeles, California trader, municipal markets are getting much attention in the media. It notes the seven basis points increase in the Municipal Market Date triple-A 10-year scale to 3.31%, the three...
- Losing Munis Cave Ahead of Primary Calendar. Riggs, Taylor // Bond Buyer;3/20/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33682, p2
The article reports on the condition of the tax-exempt market in the U.S., which experienced a continuous losing streak for the fifth consecutive trading session. It states that the continuous losing of the market was brought by the weakened municipal bonds under pressure of a heavy primary...
- Munis Firmer on a 'Pretty Positive Day'. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/6/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32998, p2
The article reports that municipal bond market in the U.S. was firmer on November 5, 2008, following Treasuries. Bond traders said that tax-exempt yields were lower by three or four basis point. The trading ended up with pretty decent activity and there were some gains. Bond traders consider the...
- Puerto Rico regains investors' trust. Marquez, Carlos // Caribbean Business;8/10/2006, Vol. 34 Issue 31, p35
The article reports on Puerto Rico's issuance of 838 million dollars in general obligation bonds in the United States municipal bond tax-exempt market. Puerto Rico also sold 205 million dollars in the tax-exempt market for a total of 1.04 billion dollars. The sale reaffirms the trust investors...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;8/24/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31210, p36
Presents information on government securities trading in the United States, as of August 23, 2001. Short-term tax-exempt yields; Securities prices; Bond indexes; Municipal bond prices.
- Munis Weaken But New-Issue Pricing Is Firm to Strong. McGee, Patrick // Bond Buyer;6/8/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33529, p2
The article offers information on the performance of the U.S. bond market as of June 7, 2011. It mentions that the pricing of new bond issues has been strong despite the weak performance of municipal bonds. It also notes that the yields of tax-exempt bonds maturing between 2019 and 2036 have...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;8/08/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31695, p36
Presents statistics related to bond market in the U.S. as of August 08, 2003. Bond market indicators; Short term tax-exempt yields; Municipal market general obligation yields.