Municipals Breaking From the MOB
- CBOT Alters Muni Futures Settlement. Hume, Lynn; Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;10/30/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31751, p1
Reveals that the Chicago Board of Trade has modified the procedures for calculating final settlements of its 10-Year Muni Note Futures Contract. Goal of the board to eliminate problems that had affected prices, created losses for some traders and hampered the board's efforts to increase trading...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;01/29/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31065, p40
Presents statistics pertaining to municipal bonds in the United States as of January 29, 2001. Market indicators; Short-term tax-exempt yields; Securities prices; Municipal market yields; General obligation bond prices; Futures market; New-issue balances.
- Market statistics. // Bond Buyer;03/24/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30605, p28
Presents charts and graphs depicting trends in securities trading in the United States, as of March 24, 1999. Includes securities prices; Short-term tax-exempt yields; Corporate bond indexes; Futures markets; Municipal bond prices.
- Futures Markets. // Bond Buyer;2/1/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31316, p41
Presents information about bond sales in the U.S. as of January 31, 2002. Sale of U.S. treasury bonds; Information about the Municipal Bond Index; Options on municipal futures.
- CBOT Contacts Several Firms in Attempt to Jump-Start Interest. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;8/27/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31957, p6
Reports that the Chicago Board of Trade has contacted in August 2004 some firms about becoming market makers on an electronic platform for the contract. Move to bolster usage of the municipal bond futures contract; Use of the electronic trading platform to generate for interest for the product;...
- CBOT Weighs Use of Pricing Services for Bonds in Underlying Index. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;3/25/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31351, p5
Reports the proposal of the Chicago Board of Trade (CBOT) to use pricing services to price the bonds in the underlying index of the municipal futures contract in Illinois. Move of CBOT to make the contract a better hedging tool; Importance of the pricing issue; Improvements in the index.
- Treasury Rally Lifts Long Munis; Favorable Results on New Issues. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;01/31/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31067, p2
Reports on the performance of the United States bond market in January 30, 2001. Strong Treasury rally; Municipal futures; Improved follow-through business on some loans; Repricing; Significant offerings.
- Market statistics. // Bond Buyer;03/16/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30599, p28
Presents charts and graphs showing United States bond market statistics recent to March 16, 1999. Include market indicators; Short-term tax-exempt yields; US securities prices; Municipal market data general obligation yields; Visible supply; Futures.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;06/05/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30905, p32
Presents United States bond market statistics, recent as of June 5, 2000. Market indicators; Securities prices; Municipal market; Tax-exempt yields; General obligation bond prices; Visible supply; Placement ratio; Futures markets.