Spending Cap Advances
- Use surplus for affordable housing, group says. // National Catholic Reporter;10/13/2000, Vol. 36 Issue 44, p10
Reports on the petition letter drafted by the Religious Leaders' National Call for Action on Housing which asked United States President Bill Clinton to use surplus budget for affordable housing. Signers of the letter; Argument made by the letter regarding the national housing shortage; Other...
- Investors in People. // EPM Weekly Bulletin;2/11/2002, Issue 78, p34
Focuses on the consultation regarding the financing and delivery of Investors in People of England. Examination on the functions of Investor in People; Terms of reference; Status of the non-departmental public body.
- Network for public service begins work. Keston, Joan // PA Times;Mar97, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p6
Announces the change in the name of the organization Strike Force to Network for Public Service. Mission of the organization; Development of an outreach program for college students; Other projects of the organization; Public Service Recognition Week.
- THE FUTURE OF GRAND OPERA. // Saturday Evening Post;3/18/1933, Vol. 205 Issue 38, p20
Focuses on the crisis facing the Metropolitan Opera Company. Factors that contributed to the crisis; Public interest toward grand opera; Surplus accrued by the organization.
- Arena Closing Out Year Strong. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;6/30/2008, Vol. 26 Issue 26, p12
The article forecasts the annual surplus of Van Andel Arena in Grand Rapids, Michigan, in 2008. There were four concerts held in May that helped the company gain a net income of $483,194. In 2007, the arena acquired a $1.73 million margin at the same point in the fiscal year while its best...
- Voters' Option. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/17/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31822, p37
Reports on the approval of the Senate Transportation Committee on the proposal allowing voters to plan for the surplus tax revenues collected by the state in Colorado.
- Wanted: Public Servants. // Christian Science Monitor;10/3/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 217, p8
Editorial. Discusses the Partnership for Public Service, an organization devoted to helping recruit high-level civil servants, in light of a shortage of skilled civil servants in the administration of United States President George W. Bush.
- RSC in heated debate over City Hall demand. // Malay Mail;7/2/2012, p8
The article reports that members of the Royal Selangor Club in Malaysia have rejected City Hall's appeal for a 30% discount for civil servants' membership in return for land title for one of the club's buildings.
- Ideas man in action. Smart, Victor // Public Finance;
Profiles Matthew Taylor, director of the Institute of Public Policy Research in Great Britain. Career background; Contributions of Taylor to the institution; Insights on several issues affecting the institution.