Court Clears Oklahoma Higher Ed Deal
- The View from 2020: How Universities Came Back. Newfield, Christopher // AAUP Journal of Academic Freedom;2011, Vol. 2, p1
The article offers the author's insights on state funding for higher education community. The author says that funding for public universities were either flat or falling due to investment of income withdrawal. He states that increase in tuition fees did not fix the budgetary problem and...
- CSU Tests the Waters. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;1/8/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31548, p1
Reports that Trustees of the California State University plan to issue several million dollars of insured system-wide revenue bonds as of January 8, 2003. Reasons for issuing bonds; Details of the deal; Ratings of these bonds awarded by ratings company Moody's Investors Service Inc.
- N.Y. Dorm To Refund $885 Million. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;9/6/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31465, p1
Reports the selling of the bonds of New York State Dormitory Authority to refund debt to finance State University of New York educational facility. Schedule for the marketing of the bonds; Amount expected in present-value savings from the deal; Arrangements for the rate of the bonds.
- OHIO: Ohio State Deals. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;11/28/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31273, p37
Reports on the plans of the Ohio State University, Ohio to sell variable-rate bonds worth millions of dollars. Book-runner and underwriter of the sale; Co-managers of the sale; Outstanding debt of the university; Ratings assigned by various rating agencies to the bonds.
- MA schools hit by double budget cuts. Goral, Tim // University Business;Feb2002, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p15
Discusses the decrease in Massachusetts state financial contributions to the University of Massachusetts system and its impact on the state college. Program closures and consolidations; Possible reduction of university staff; Reduction of student admissions for school year 2002.
- State college seen as catalyst for Henderson's downtown revival. Miller, Valerie // Las Vegas Business Press;09/25/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 38, p16
Reports on the proposed Nevada State College in Henderson. Potential impact on higher education in the state; Project location; Value of the college to the city's redevelopment efforts; Source of financing.
- CSU, Fresno takes charge of $10 million to increase number of grads. Wenner, Gretchen // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;08/28/2000, Issue 322661, p3
Reports on the California State University's receipt of state funding for its Workforce Investment Initiative to increase the number of graduates in fields where there are workforce shortages. Use of proceeds from the state allocation; Programs expected to benefit from the initiative.
- SC Higher Education Commission sets new standards. Manzo, Kathleen Kenned // Community College Week;10/21/96, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p10
States that the South Carolina Higher Education Commission has taken another major step toward a plan that will fund state colleges according to performance standards, when it agreed on 36, or 37 indicators. Funding for the four types of institutions; Comments from Doctor Jeffrey R. Olson,...
- Board grants Massachusetts Physics programs a reprieve. Feder, Toni // Physics Today;Sep97, Vol. 50 Issue 9, p62
States that Physics programs in the Massachusetts state college system will be reviewed externally, not automatically phased out, a decision made by state's Board of Higher Education. Information about system's three physics programs; Use of external review.