Maryland to Consider '07 Capital Plan With $717 Million in Bonds
- 'Burned' on Slots, Maryland Governor Eyes Deep Cuts. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;6/28/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31914, p34
Reports that Maryland Governor Robert L. Ehrlich Jr. is likely to turn to spending cuts to help bridge the state's budget deficit. Impact of budget problem on bond sales; Ability of the state to maintain triple-A ratings of its bonds.
- Gov. Ehrlich Revives Slots As Fiscal Remedy for State. Honawar, Vaishali // Education Week;2/9/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 22, p20
The article focuses on Maryland Governor Robert L. Ehrlich Junior who is urging Maryland lawmakers to expand gambling in the state to help finance K-12 education for the third year in a row. Maryland has struggled through deep budget deficits over the past two years to raise the additional...
- Maryland Panel OKs Budget-Cutting Tax, Doubling School Building Funds. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;3/21/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32094, p31
Reports on the terms of the budget plan approved by the House Appropriations Committee in Maryland. Counterbalance of the proposed property tax reduction to the rate increase signed into law by Governor Robert L. Ehrlich in 2003; Funding level for public school construction; Allocation for the...
- Md. Governor Seeks Panel To Help Baltimore Schools. Gehring, John // Education Week;3/10/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 26, p4
Governor Robert L. Ehrlich Jr. of Maryland was expected to file legislation late last week that would propose a "school authority" to oversee the financially troubled Baltimore, Maryland public schools. The 90,000-student district faces a $58 million deficit in its $914 million budget and a...
- With a Not-Too-Bad Deficit, Bonding Bill Is Next. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/8/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31836, Bond Buyer p41
Focuses on the effort of lawmakers on passing the bonding bill, a biennial capital budget in Minnesota. Provisions of the bill; Amount of operating budget; Purpose of the bill.
- Honolulu City Council Weighing $1.6B Budget and $729M for Capital Plans. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;4/30/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32618, p3
The article reports that Honolulu, Hawaii City Council has been considering a fiscal 2008 budget with more than $204 million of general obligation bonds and another $350 million-plus of sewer revenue bonds. Approximately $554 million of the city's $279 million capital budget will be backed by...
- Maryland Governor Signs Bond Bill, Vetoes Corporate Tax Hike. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;5/27/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31893, p44
Reports on Maryland Governor Robert L. Ehrlich Jr.'s signing of the state's consolidated capital bond loan program, and vetoing of a measure that would have used increased corporate taxes to help keep tuition down at state universities. Ehrlich's opposition to sales and income tax increases;...
- Maryland Governor Revisits $1.7B Plan for Garvees, Toll Bonds. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;1/8/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31796, p3
Reports that Maryland Governor Robert L. Ehrlich Jr. wants to back $1.7 billion of toll revenue bonds. Garvee, short for grant anticipation revenue vehicles; Financing of federal-aid highway projects; Intercounty Connector.
- Maryland Gov. Ehrlich Praises State's Financial Health in State Address. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;1/27/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32307, p4
The article reports that Maryland Governor Robert L. Ehrlich Jr. delivered his state speech a week after the release of the state's fiscal 2007 budget. Ehrlich praised the state's financial health. He also applauded Maryland's triple-A bond rating and the turnaround that produced $2.4 billion in...