Dallas Fed: Texas Mfg Activity Rebounds
- Dallas Fed Mfg Report: September Activity Weaker. Seigel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;9/30/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32972, p2
The article reports on the further weakening of the manufacturing activity in Texas as of September 2008. Most indicators of current production and general business conditions recorded their lowest readings. The general business conditions index widened to negative 39.6 in September from...
- Industrial production stays steady in May. // Trailer / Body Builders;Jul2007, Vol. 48 Issue 9, p16
The article presents an update on industrial production in the U.S. in May 2007. Manufacturing sector output advanced by 0.1 percent in the said month, while mining output moved up 0.5 percent after declining by 0.6 percent in the previous month. Overall industrial production was 1.6 percent...
- Looking To The Economic Future Of Your Business. Kline Jr., Steve // Modern Machine Shop;Aug2007, Vol. 80 Issue 3, p98
The article discusses the significance of business forecasting to a manufacturing business and offers information on the trends that can signal whether more or less activity is coming for the business. The key to looking economic measures in a useful way is to use rate-of-change curves. When...
- IN BRIEF. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;8/18/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32942, p2
The article offers news briefs in the U.S. According to data released by the Federal Reserve Board, industrial production in the nation was up 0.2% in July 2008 while capacity utilization rose to 79.9. The University of Michigan's preliminary consumer sentiment index reading in August was 61.7...
- Dallas Fed Manufacturing Survey: Activity Declines. Siegel, Gary // Bondbuyer.com;3/30/2015, p11
The article focuses on a monthly business activity survey conducted by the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, which found that Texas factory activity, as measured by the production index, dropped in March 2015. Topics discussed include a decline in capacity use from negative 4.9 to negative 6.4, an...
- Perception of U.S. manufacturing. // InTech;Jun2007, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p11
The article offers information on the report "The Facts About Modern Manufacturing" from the National Association of Manufacturers. To make the report, the association utilized data from the U.S. government to show the truth regarding the strengths and challenges faced by the U.S. manufacturing...
- Empire State Mfg Report: Conditions Worsened. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;8/16/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33566, p2
The article offers information on the Empire State Manufacturing Survey which shows the worst condition of manufacturers in New York in July 2011.
- 'We won't walk away' says government as growth slumps. // Works Management;Jul2011, Vol. 64 Issue 7, p11
The article reports on the commitment of the government to support the manufacturing sector in order to recover from its slumping condition in Great Britain.
- Philadelphia Area Factory Index Unexpectedly Soars. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;12/16/2016, Vol. 1 Issue F395, p2
The article offers information on the December 16, 2016, U.S. Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia Report on Business, which indicates that the region's manufacturing sector expanded in December 2016, as the general business conditions index surged to 21.5 from 7.6 in November 2016.