Participants Ease Bids Amid Policy Concerns
- Fed Leaves Rates Unchanged; Muni Yields Drop Two to Six Basis Points. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;8/14/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31449, p2
Reports bond market developments in the U.S. as of August 2002. Increase rate of the municipal bonds; Stability of the monetary policy of the Federal Reserve Board; Decline of profits.
- Munis Down One Day After Sell-Off, With Players Unwilling to Commit. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;4/11/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32108, p2
Reports on the market trading performance of municipal bonds in the U.S. Incurrence of losses; Confusion on the sell-off; Decline of bond prices.
- Munis Weaker as Supply Outweighs Data. Scarchilli, Michael; Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;1/26/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32555, p2
The article provides updates regarding municipal bond market in the U.S. On January 24, 2007, the municipal market was weaker, following the Treasuries, which represents little response to economic data released. According to traders, municipal yields were higher by about four basis points....
- Munis Slightly Weaker After Holiday. Scarchilli, Michael; Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/11/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32484, p2
The article reports on the performance of the municipal bond market in the U.S. in the first week of October 2006. The municipal bond market was quiet, but slightly weaker. On the other hand, the U.S. Treasury market is a little off, and it has driven institutional investors to be more relaxed...
- Munis Unchanged Amid Quiet Calendar. Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;6/19/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32653, p2
The article provides updates concerning municipal bond market in the U.S. for June 19, 2007. On June 18, the market was mostly unchanged with the economic calendar largely inactive and sizeable issuance in the primary market not arriving until later in the week. According to New York trader,...
- Munis Unchanged, Following Slow Treasuries. Scarchilli, Michael; Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;8/2/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32683, p2
The article provides updates concerning the municipal bond market for August 2007 in the U.S. In August 2, the market was largely unchanged, following Treasuries, which also saw little movement. According to a trader in New York, they are captive by the vagaries of what's happening in the...
- Munis Finish Weaker in Quiet Trading Day. Scarchilli, Michael; Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;5/30/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32639, p2
The article provides updates concerning municipal bond market in the U.S. for May 2007. On May 29, the municipal market was weaker by about one basis point as market participants returned from a long holiday weekend. According to one trader in San Francisco, its quiet because there is a fair...
- Traders Come Back to Find Treasuries Struggling, Forcing Some to Cut Prices. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;7/6/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32166, p2
Reports on the outlook of the municipal bond market in the U.S. Factors affecting traders to cut prices on bonds in their inventories; Anticipation of a conformation of economic slowdown; Analysis of the monetary policy implemented by the legislators; Assessment of the economic condition;
- July Sees Lighter Volume. Seymour, Dan // Bond Buyer;8/3/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33159, p1
The article presents the securities analysis of the trading of municipal bonds in the U.S. bond market in 2009. The business information firm Thomson Reuters has revealed the unexpected light slate of bonds sold in July, depicting municipal issues to float at 23.6 billion dollar debt with a...