Tobacco Takes Center Stage; $1.36B N.Y.C. Sale Leads the Pack
- Bear Stearns Looks To Get South Carolina Tobacco Bond Sale. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/20/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31021, p3
Reports on South Carolina's 800 million dollar tobacco securitization. Appointment of Bear Stearns & Co. as an underwriter; Political contributions to a pro-lottery campaign.
- Wisconsin Nails Down Size of Tobacco Deal at $1.7 Billion. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/25/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31373, p36
Reports the securitization of shares on the 1998 tobacco settlement in Wisconsin. Price of deal with Bear, Stearns & Co.; Establishment of the state on Badger Tobacco Asset Securitization Corp. issuer on the tax-exempt deal; Sale of bond in serials; Use of accelerated redemption turbo mechanisms.
- Bear Stearns Class Sees Lower Rating. // National Mortgage News;8/7/2006, Vol. 30 Issue 43, p30
The article reports that Fitch Ratings has placed the class M-7 of Bear Stearns Asset-Backed Securities series 2005-2 on Rating Watch Negative. According to the article, Fitch has affirmed the ratings on seven other classes in the deal. Fitch explains that Bear Stearns' Rating Watch placement...
- Wisconsin Taps Bear Stearns to Lead Proposed Tobacco Restructuring. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/22/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32738, p35
The article reports on the underwriting team members appointed by Badger Tobacco Asset Securitization Corp. (BTASC) for its proposed tobacco bond restructuring activity in Chicago, Illinois. The team, led by Bear Stearns & Co. Inc., was chosen among the proposals submitted by broker dealers in...
- CERTAIN BEAR ABS PLACED UNDER REVIEW. // National Mortgage News;6/7/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 37, p29
Reports that two certificates from a series of Bear Stearns asset-backed securities issued in 2001 have been placed under review for possible downgrade by Moody's Investors Service Inc.
- Varied Calendar Includes Virginia Tobacco, Texas Hotel. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;5/9/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32128, p6
The article focuses on a $428.5 million tobacco bond deal in Virginia and a $203 million insured hotel bond deal in Texas. The tobacco bond deal is being sold by the Virginia Tobacco Settlement Financing Corp. in a negotiated sale scheduled for Thursday that will be led by Bear, Stearns & Co....
- Virginia Ready to Be First Tobacco Bond Issuer Since '03. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/28/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32121, p34
The article reports that Virginia is gearing up for a mid-May offering of its long-stalled sale of tax-exempt bonds backed by future payments under the Master Settlement Agreement (MSA) with tobacco companies of the U.S. It will be the first tobacco bonds ever sold by Virginia and the first sold...
- Court OKs Smaller N.J. Tobacco Deal. Cataldo, Adam J. // Bond Buyer;8/12/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32195, p1
Reports that Mercer County Superior Court Judge Linda Feinberg has ruled that New Jersey can sell its proposed tobacco-bond restructuring and financing deal minus $150 million in debt that she said amounted to deficit borrowing in violation of the state constitution. Review of the ruling by the...
- Missouri Fills Out Tobacco Deal Syndicate. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/11/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31490, p32
Reports the selection of supporters to the marketing of tobacco securitization of Bear, Stearns & Co. in Missouri. Co-senior managers of the securitization; Vote against the selection by Attorney General Jay Nixon.