Report: MBIA Seeking Adviser on Possible Sale of MuniServices Co
- Tax consultants go big-time with locally developed GIS software. Wenner, Gretchen // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;10/1/2001, Issue 322832, p1
Reports the economic impact of locally developed software in Fresno, California. Introduction of the GIS Revenue Viewer software from MBIA MuniServices Co.; Background of the software company; Overview on the application of the GIS software.
- MBIA buys Municipal Resource Consultants. Tunick, Britt // Bond Buyer;03/10/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30347, p33
Reports on MBIA MuniServices Co.'s acquisition of Municipal Resource Consultants.
- WMI to sell Bio Gro unit. McMullen, Cheryl A. // Waste News;09/06/99, Vol. 5 Issue 17, p3
Focuses on the sale of Waste Management Inc. subsidiary, the Bio Gro Division of Wheelbrator Water Technologies Inc. Reason for sale of business; Impact of sale on Bio Gro; Company background of Bio Gro.
- MYOB Sells Canadian Unit. // Accounting Technology;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p12
Presents the selling of Canadian operations of MYOB Limited to Intuit Canada Limited. Anticipation of the company as a competitive environment in a maturing market; Subsidiaries of the company.
- Golden rules for selling off. Bhattacharya, Keron // Accountancy;Jul1982, Vol. 93 Issue 1067, p76
Offers suggestions on how to sell off weak subsidiaries. Strategic planning; Rationalization based on strategic thinking; Role of the company's accounting systems; Tax implication; Significance of an appropriate cut-off point.
- Sale of subsidiaries. // Accountancy;Apr89, Vol. 103 Issue 1148, p22
Highlights Great Britain-based companies involved with selling their subsidiaries. Values of the deals; Sellers and acquirers of the assets.
- Shopping For Buyers. Bowen, Jr., John J. // Financial Planning;Oct99, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p149
Provides tips for financial planners in selling their business. Inherent problems being faced by planners; Identification of strategic buyers; Steps in a successful merger or sale.
- When the target is your client's business. Currie, Phillip M. // Financial Planning;Nov97, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p164
Advises financial planners on how to avoid common mistakes regarding the sale of a client's business. Client's misperception of his readiness to sell the business; Client's discussions with potential buyers; Question of a client's qualification to sell his business; Dealing with only one buyer...
- FLUOR DANIEL HEAVY EQUIPMENT SUBSIDIARY TAKEN OFF THE BLOCK. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;10/19/1998, Vol. 241 Issue 15, p31
Reports the plans of Fluor Corp. to sell its subsidiary, American Equipment Co., to increase shareholder value in Irvine, California. Stock market performance of the company; Changes in the terms and conditions of the transaction with the bidder; Efforts of the company to enhance asset value...