Munis Finish Mixed; GDP Weaker Than Expected
- Munis and Treasuries Weaken After Strong GDP Growth in 3d Quarter. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;10/31/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31752, p2
Reports on the performance of the bond market in the United States on October 30, 2003. Weakening of municipal bonds and Treasuries due to better-than-expected third-quarter gross domestic product growth; Secondary market activity.
- Munis Rise as Treasuries Climb On Lower-Than-Expected GDP. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;8/2/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31938, p2
Reports developments related to municipal bonds in the bond market in the U.S. as of August 2, 2004. Improvement in the Treasuries; Growth in the advance second-quarter gross domestic product; Role of the decline in consumption spending on the second-quarter growth rate.
- Indexes Keep Rising, Thanks to Heavy Supply, Treasury Slump. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;12/3/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32022, p31
Reports on the increase in indexes as municipal bond prices decreases in the face of heavier supply and a fall of the Treasury market in the U.S. Amount of the general obligation bonds and several large deals in California; Indication of a growth in gross domestic product; Average yield to...
- Munis Drop 3 to 5 Basis Points; Treasuries Rise on Favorable Data. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;8/29/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31709, p2
Reports that municipal bond yields dropped down by three and five basis points on August 28, 2003 in light to moderate trading boosted by treasury bills which continued to gain upward momentum as the session progressed. Impact of the increase in first time applications for unemployment...
- Muni Prices Stable in Light Trading As Treasuries React to GDP Figures. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;12/3/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31276, p2
Reports developments in the bond market in the U.S. as of December 2001. Prices of municipal bonds; Increase in the number of bond issues; Reduction in gross domestic product.
- Municipals Show Signs of Firmness: Retail Gets $932M New Mexico Deal. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;4/28/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31872, p2
Reports on the signs of firmness shown by municipal bond market as selling pressure from institutional investors abated and Treasuries shrugged off strong consumer confidence and housing market data in the U.S. Increase in the consumer sentiment index compiled by the Conference Board;...
- Munis Weaker on GDP Data, Unmoved FOMC. Riggs, Taylor // Bond Buyer;8/1/2013, Vol. 385 Issue 33955, p2
The article reflects on the weakening of municipal bond market in the U.S., as per the gross domestic product report.
- Municipals Firm in Quiet Trading, Ending $7.9B Week of New Deals. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;11/24/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31768, p2
Reports on the status of the municipal bond market in the U.S. as of November 2003. Impact of the growth of gross domestic product on the bonds market; Estimates on the total amount of lost bond funds; Comparative level of outflows and inflows taxable bond funds.
- Munis Firm, Helped by Treasuries; Detroit, Kansas City, Mo., Sell GOs. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;8/27/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31957, p2
Reports on developments relevant to the market for municipal bonds in the U.S. on August 26, 2004. Municipal bond prices; Projected gross domestic product growth in the second quarter of 2004; General obligation bonds.