Transportation Leads the List For Nevada's Bonding in 2006
- THE ROAD TO INNOVATION. Imas, Karen // State News (Council of State Governments);Apr2008, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p30
The article highlights the Northeast Transportation Financing seminar held in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in February 2008. New Jersey Assemblyman John Wisniewski discussed the efforts of states in dealing with challenges facing the transportation industry. New Jersey Governor Jon Corzine...
- North Carolina Agency Plans $650M For State's 1st Toll Road in a Century. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/20/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33008, p8
The article reports on the plan of North Carolina Turnpike Authority (NCTA) to get into the bond market in December 2008 for its first-ever issuance of a $650 million to deal to finance its first project. The major portion of an 18.8-mile toll road called the Triangle Expressway will be financed...
- Judge Grants Florida Expressway Authority More Time to Seek Debt. Murphy, Gavin // Bond Buyer;5/28/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31395, p1
Reports the role of Judge William C. Gridley in making a request from the Expressway Authority to abate its existing bond validation lawsuit in Florida. Issuance of bonds through the Division of Bond Finance; Concerns om timing of bond validation resolutions and complaints; Value of bonds issue...
- Louisiana Earmarks Up to $110M of Bonds to Upgrade Interstate Linkage. WATTS, JIM // Bond Buyer;11/21/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33817, p16
The article informs that Louisiana is planning to issue 110 million U.S. dollars of bonds associated with interstate highway project.
- The phantom tollbooth? Harris, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;02/09/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30825, p1
Focuses on plans to end the issuance of revenue bonds for financing a turnpike project in New Hampshire. Implementation of a state-sponsored study to examine the viability of the bonds; Proposals to pay down the outstanding $400 million revenue accounts.
- COLORADO: Bond to Ski. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/28/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32516, p33
The article focuses on the proposal by a group, the I-70 Mountain Corridor Coalition in Colorado, which calls for using bonds to create transit options for the corridor along Interstate 70. Solutions proposed by the group include giving incentives to drivers to keep them off the highway during...
- Businesses lobbying for fast-track solutions to Brno highway hell. Kuchar, Vladimir // Prague Business Journal;1/7/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p5
Reports the solutions for the traffic problem of Brno D1 highway in Czech Republic. Pressure from Brno businessmen for the government to improve the situation; Importance of police coordination to prevent accidents on the motorway; Increase of transport fund budget for road and motorway...
- Utah to Use New Bonding Authorization, Bring $295 Million of GOs to Market. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/7/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31403, p48
Reports the plan of Utah government to sell the general obligation bonds. Importance of the sale in a highway construction; Construction of building projects; Total sale of the general obligation bonds.
- ARIZONA MOVES ON WITH BONDS. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;9/17/2001, Vol. 247 Issue 12, p18
Reports on the use of Grant Anticipation Revenue Vehicle bonds to cut total construction time on State Route 85 section by the Arizona state transportation officials. Benefits of the program; Amount of the widening program; Repayment of bonds through TEA-21 funding.