Fitch Drops LADWP's Water Bonds to AA From AA-Plus
- OCTA Upgrade. Kelemen, Jasmina // Bond Buyer;8/20/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31952, p31
Reports on the upgrade of the bond rating for Orange County Transportation Authority by Fitch Ratings Inc. in the U.S.
- Fitch to Consider 'Harmonizing' Corporate, Muni Ratings. Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;3/24/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32841, p4
The article focuses on the possible harmonization of the corporate and public finance ratings scales by Fitch Ratings Ltd. in the U.S. The company is looking at the potential for bringing the scales together or finding other solutions that could involve an independent scale. This could be...
- School Concerns Prompt Fitch to Put Baltimore GOs on Negative Watch. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;3/10/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31838, p3
Reports on the negative rating of Baltimore outstanding general obligation bonds by Fitch Ratings Inc. in Maryland. Occurrence of school funding crisis; Extension of the state's partial control of city school; Reduction of the city's financial liquidity.
- Fitch: Overreliance on Natural Gas Could Hurt Ratings. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;6/5/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31650, p34
Despite a generally favorable outlook for the public power sector, rating downgrades could be in the offing due to municipal utilities' increased dependence on natural gas for power generation as well as other liquidity concerns, Fitch Ratings Inc. analysts said on June 4, 2003. The reports warn...
- Morehead, N.C., Hosp. Cut to BB by Fitch. // Bond Buyer;2/3/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32063, p2
The article reports that Fitch Ratings Inc. said it has downgraded the rating on $6,440,000 of outstanding Series 1993B North Carolina Medical Care Commission revenue bonds issued for Morehead Memorial Hospital to BB from BBB-minus. In addition, the bonds have been placed on rating watch...
- St. Luke's Success. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/28/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31872, p31
Reports that Fitch Ratings Inc. has upgraded the underlying rating on insured bonds sold in 2001 for Saint Luke's Episcopal-Presbyterian Hospitals in Missouri. Attribution of the upgrade to the system's improved liquidity position, consistently solid operating results and strong debt service...
- JEDA Affirmation. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;7/21/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32179, p31
Reports on the affirmation of Fitch Ratings Inc. to the BBB rating it issued to the debt sold by the South Carolina Jobs Economic Development Authority. Type of bonds affected by the affirmation; Reason for affirming the company's credit quality.
- Fitch Upgrades $222M of Bonds From Two New Orleans Agencies. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;12/5/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32767, p44
The article reports on the rating upgrades assigned by Fitch Ratings Ltd. on $222 million of debt issued by two municipal agencies in New Orleans, Louisiana. The rating agency raised its rating for $94.7 million of senior-lien special tax bonds and the $93.2 million of senior-subordinate special...
- Fitch May Lower N.Y. and Agencies. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;2/11/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31571, p1
Focuses on bond ratings of New York that could be downgraded, according to financial rating agency Fitch Ratings Inc. Effect of downgraded ratings on borrowings; State agencies affected by the ratings; Rates by other rating agencies.