As Michigan's Granholm Promises Jobs Aid, Ohio's Taft Touts Record
- Ohio, Michigan Governors Stress Job Creation in Addresses. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/29/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31810, p3
Reports on the state of the state addresses delivered by Ohio Governor Bob Taft and Michigan Governor Jennifer Granholm with the programs and determination to create jobs and the review of their respective state's tax structure. Impact of the tax structure's review on attracting new and...
- Honeymoon Period. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;02/10/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p32
Discusses the views of several luncheon attendees on the speech given by Governor Jennifer Granholm of Michigan during the 2003 Grand Rapids Area Chamber of Commerce (GRACC) meeting. Dave Van Andel, chairman of the Van Andel Institute; Milt Rohwer, former GRACC executive director; Peter Wege, a...
- Granholm must be bold in making cuts. // Crain's Detroit Business;2/10/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p8
Comments on the State of the State address of the governor of Michigan Jennifer Granholm which is commented to be an effort to soften up voters and Legislatures for the realities of her budget address, scheduled for March 2003. Focus on finding a low-cost ways to improve educational system;...
- Visionary or bettor? LANE, AMY // Crain's Detroit Business;1/3/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p1
The article focuses on the performance of Jennifer Granholm as the governor of Michigan. It is said that Granholm's eight-year tenure was highlighted by auto industry restructuring and a national recession. During her term, the state continued to struggle with job losses, downsizing and bad...
- MARY KRAMER: Granholm's speech lost in the hubbub. Kramer, Mary // Crain's Detroit Business;2/4/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p7
The article presents the author's comments about the State of the State speech delivered by Jennifer Granholm, the governor of Michigan, in the year 2008. The author says that Granholm acted wisely during her speech by promising not to create any new programs that required new taxes. According...
- Granholm's Japan trip to lay business groundwork. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;7/18/2005, Vol. 21 Issue 29, p6
The article informs that Michigan Governor Jennifer Granholm is preparing to court Japanese automobile and bioscience executives in an investment mission starting Friday. Granholm's July 22-30, 2005 trip will include meetings with major Japanese automobile manufacturers and suppliers, such as...
- MICHIGAN. Aarons, Dakarai L. // Education Week;2/10/2010, Vol. 29 Issue 21, p16
The article discusses a speech by Michigan governor Jennifer M. Granholm focusing on educational budget cuts and the restoration of state-funded scholarships.
- Tax Fixes Hinted. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/12/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31760, p25
Reports on tax changes plan of Michigan Governor Jennifer Granholm to balance a budget gap. Possible repeal of a cut in state income tax.
- Some advice for our new governor. // Crain's Detroit Business;11/11/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 45, p8
Presents suggestions for the governor Jennifer Granholm of Michigan elected in the year 2002. Priority for urban development; Increase in diesel tax; Concern for the business community.