Munis Likely to Keep Outperforming Treasuries
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, March 29. // Bond Buyer;3/30/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31852, p2
Presents a chart depicting the performance of the municipal bond market in the United States during the March 29, 2004 trading session.
- April Volume Lags March. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;5/3/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31875, p1
Reports on the decline in the issuance of long-term municipal bond market in the U.S. Anticipation of economic recovery bonds from California; Amount of municipal bonds being issued; Reason for the decline in the market; Rise in the interest rates with the improvement in the economy.
- Big Deals From Houston, Washington Should Boost Yields. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;5/17/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31885, p6
Reports on the volume of primary market municipal bond deals in the U.S. for the week of May 17, 2004. Major deals from various states; Yields expected by investors; Pricing of deals; Use of proceeds from the transactions.
- Munis Remain Firm as Traders Hold Ground Awaiting New Data. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;7/13/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31924, p2
Reports on the movement of municipal bonds in the trading market in the U.S. as of July 2004. Concentration of trading activity in the intermediate sector; Percentage of growth in consumer spending; Average prices of general obligation offering.
- Munis Weaken 5-7 Basis Points: Treasury Sells $11 Billion of TIPs. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;7/28/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31935, p2
Reports on developments related to the municipal bond market in the U.S. Erosion in the bid side of the market; Bonds sold by the U.S. Department of the Treasury; Impact on the market of the improvement in the U.S. economy.
- Something for Everyone? Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;9/24/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31976, p1
Reports on California's issuance of revenue anticipation notes slated to price on September 29, 2004 after a two-day retail order period. California's efforts to find as broad a market as possible for the sizable sale; Total amount of revenue anticipation notes to be issued by California; Los...
- Liberty Zone Extension Near Passage. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;9/24/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31976, p1
Reports on the U.S. House's near approval of a tax legislation that would extend the New York Liberty zone private-activity bond program for five years and restore the qualified zone academy bond program through the end of 2005. Extension of the separate authority for tax-exempt bonds issued in...
- Market Finishes Little Changed As Bid Side Fades and Treasuries Falter. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;9/24/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31976, p2
Reports on developments concerning municipal bonds in the U.S. as of September 23, 2004. Release of the minutes from the August Federal Open Market Committee meeting that stated the need for the continuation of a tightening monetary policy; Trends in the Treasury market; Sale of a triple-A rated...
- Indexes Fall For Second Consecutive Week, Indicating Market's View of Economy. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;9/24/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31976, p6
Reports on the decline of most of the Bond Buyer's weekly yield indexes for the period July 1, 2004 to September 23, 2004. Evidence of the bond market's dimmer view of the economy when compared with that of the Federal Reserve; 20-Bond Index; Revenue Bond Index; 11-Bond Index; Municipal Bond...