Baker's Hurricane Bill Faces Opposition From White House
- The GOP's 'Disturbing Comments' Hosenball, Mark; Wolffe, Richard // Newsweek;10/24/2005, Vol. 146 Issue 17, p8
Looks at the possibility that Republicans are discouraging the return of Hurricane Katrina-displaced Louisiana Democrats to their homes for partisan political gain. Comments from Republican Senator Larry Craig, Secretary of Housing & Urban Development, Alphonso Jackson, and Democratic Senator...
- NEW ORLEANS GROUP DEALS WITH PLUSES AND MINUSES OF A POST-KATRINA BOOM. Olasky, Marvin // World (0888157X);9/20/2014, Vol. 29 Issue 19, p53
The article reports on the efforts of various groups in New Orleans, Louisiana, to rebuild the community after 2005 Hurricane Katrina.
- BoA Offers $100 MM for Gulf Coast. // National Mortgage News;10/17/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p19
Reports on the investment of Bank of America Corp. in a community development banking effort to rebuild affordable housing and revitalize the neighborhoods devastated by Hurricane Katrina in the Gulf Coast. Availability of 200 apartments to displaced families in Georgia, Florida, Tennessee and...
- National Headliners. // Jet;10/3/2005, Vol. 108 Issue 14, p56
Presents news briefs related to African Americans. Report that Department of Housing & Urban Development Secretary Alphonso Jackson praised the city of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, for its outreach program to victims of Hurricane Katrina; Report that Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice called for...
- HUD approves Alabama's $74.4 million hurricane- recovery plan. // Mortgage Banking;Jun2006, Vol. 66 Issue 9, p14
The article reports that a $74.4 million recovery plan has been approved by the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to help hard-hit Alabama communities implement their rebuilding strategies following Hurricane Katrina. According to HUD Secretary Alphonso Jackson,...
- Speeding the Recovery. // National Mortgage News;9/6/2010, Vol. 34 Issue 48, p4
The author reflects on the impact of the Hurricane Katrina in 2005 on the housing industry in the U.S. and the efforts in speeding up the recovery from the catastrophe.
- BANKERS IN THE COMMUNITY: TREMÃ‰ TRANSFORMED. // ABA Banking Journal;Sep2013, Vol. 105 Issue 9, p46
The article offers information on the economic renewal of Treme district in New Orleans, Louisiana after its devastation by the Hurricane Katrina and also mentions about the Lafitte Community Redevelopment Project for building affordable housing with the help of public-private partnerships.
- FYI. // Journal of Housing & Community Development;Sep/Oct2007, Vol. 64 Issue 5, p3
The article offers news briefs related to housing and community development in the U.S. for the year 2007. The Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) has published two proposed rules in November 2006. The Louisiana Recovery Authority (LRA) has released "Moving Beyond Katrina and Rita:...
- House Panel Blasts Section 8 Reform Plan. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;5/12/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32131, p5
Discusses the efforts of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development Secretary Alphonso Jackson to promote a legislative proposal aimed to overhaul the Section 8 voucher program during a House Financial Services Committee hearing on May 11, 2005. Failure of the plan to attract support...