Big Easy Hospital on Mend
- Ochsner to Buy Hospitals. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;7/27/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32432, p31
The article reports on Ochsner Health Systems' signing of a definitive agreement to purchase three hospitals in the New Orleans, Louisiana area owned by Tenet Healthcare Corp. Fitch Ratings has begun evaluating any rating implications that the deal could have for the credit. The hospitals...
- Chicago's Holy Cross May Drop Into Junk. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/6/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31465, p5
Reports the announcement of warning on the debt status of Holy Cross Hospital by Fitch Ratings company in Chicago, Illinois. Inability of the hospital to recover ongoing operational losses; Debt rating designated to the hospital.
- Fitch Drops Rating, Outlook on Florida Hospital's Debt. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/16/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31533, p4
Reports on a downfall in the rating of debt owed by the Boca Raton Community Hospital in Florida by credit rating agency Fitch Ratings Inc. Factors that contributed to the downgraded rating; Effect of the downgrading on revenue bonds issued by the Palm Beach County Health Facilities Authority;...
- Doctor Reimbursement Cuts a Negative, Fitch Warns. SLAVIN, ROBERT // Bond Buyer;11/29/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33821, p24
The article informs that Fitch Ratings Ltd. has warned about the negative effect on the U.S. nonprofit hospitals due to federal cuts to physician reimbursement in the Medicare program of the U.S.
- Ochsner deal with Tenet could add hospital beds. Webster, Richard A. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);7/31/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p26
The article reports on the acquisition of three hospitals including Memorial Medical Center in New Orleans, Meadowcrest Hospital in Gretna, and Kenner Regional Medical Center by Ochsner Health System in New Orleans, Louisiana. The purchase is expected to increase the number of hospital beds as...
- Fitch Gives an A to Virginia's Prince William Hospital. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/28/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31500, p6
Reports that Fitch Ratings has assigned a rating of A to Prince William Hospital two weeks before its scheduled sale date in Manassas, Virginia as of October 28, 2002. Reasons for the rating; Possible sale of hospital's bonds issued by Industrial Development Authority of Manassas on November 7;...
- Fitch Downgrades Griffin Hospital In Connecticut to BBB, Citing Losses. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;10/15/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31740, p7
Reports taht Fitch Ratings has downgraded Griffin Hospital to BBB from BBB-plus, citing operating losses in fiscal 2003 in Derby, Connecticut. Modification of the Series A revenue bonds; Expansion of profitable service lines; Implementation of cost-containment initiatives.
- MISSOURI: CoxHealth Goes Negative. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/6/2013, Vol. 383 Issue 33857, p9
The article reports that Fitch Ratings Ltd. has assigned negative rating to Springfield, Missouri based hospital CoxHealth due to the system's looming new debt issuance.
- INDIANA: Methodist Hospitals Raised. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;1/30/2013, Vol. 383 Issue 33853, p7
he article offers information on the rating given by Fitch Ratings Ltd. which revealed the improvement in the Methodist Hospitals Inc. rating as a reason of its improving financial performance.