Teachers College Deal Among Latest DASNY Approvals
- University of Miami's $163M Leads Trio of Big Florida Issues. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;1/15/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31801, p30
Reports that the University of Miami, Florida is pricing $162.8 million of revenue bonds through the Miami-Dade County Educational Authority in January 2003. Structure of the bonds managed by Morgan Stanley Group Inc.; Capital projects to be financed by the bonds.
- D.C. Names Tobacco Deal Players; Sale Set for February. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/26/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31004, p36
Reports on District of Columbia' appointment of Nixon Peabody LLP as bond counsel. Appointment of a team of eight underwriters to carry out a planned bond sale of 290 million dollars; Structure of the bonds.
- Los Angeles Stadium Deal Tips Off With $315M. Roper, Akil Salim // Private Placement Letter;04/05/99, Vol. 17 Issue 14, p1
Reports on a private placement by Morgan Stanley Dean Witter to finance the Staples Center, a sports arena in Los Angeles, California. Worth of the revenue bond deal; Information on the Staples Center bonds; Ratings of the deal.
- Munis Strong, Treasuries Stronger. Scarchilli, Michael // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/21/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 19, p10
The article discusses the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power (LADWP) pricing of taxable Build America Bonds (BAB) in the U.S. with emphasis on the new-issue market by Morgan Stanley and Co. Inc. It notes that the bonds will mature in 2039 and 2040 which will contain a make-whole call at...
- No Fuss, No Muss for Wisconsin Deal, And Morgan Stanley Wins the Bid. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;09/16/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30479, p28
Reports on the sale of Wisconsin's general obligation bonds to Morgan Stanley Dean Witter through electronic bidding. Simultaneous use of all three electronic-bidding systems available in the market; Cost of the deal; State officials' plan to use the electronic means of trading in their...
- Munis Mostly Unchanged as Universities Deal. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;9/15/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33383, p2
The article offers information on the economic performance of the municipal market in the U.S. in 2010. Traders stated that tax-exempt yields were stronger by one or two basis points on the curve's shorter end, having yields largely flat out longer than curves. Morgan Stanley & Co. Inc. valued...
- Nixon Peabody among nation's top 10 bond counsels. Solnik, Claude // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);2/28/2003, Vol. 50 Issue 9, p44A
Features the public finance firm Nixon Peabody in Long Island, New York. Inclusion of the company in the top ten bond counsels; Company background; Details of the total bond issues of the company.
- Counsel Rankings Shift Big. Slavin, Robert // Bond Buyer;4/16/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33697, p1
The article offers information on the changes in the rankings of several bond, disclosure, and underwriter's counsel firms in the U.S. in the first quarter of 2012 including Nixon Peabody LLP, Greenberg Traurig LLP, and Sidley Austin LLP.
- Results of Negotiated Sales. // Bond Buyer;3/7/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32831, p26
The article reports on the result of bond offering sale in the U.S. The electric system revenue bond was purchased with the amount of $816,650,000 through negotiation by several companies including Morgan Stanley & Co. Inc., Goldman, and Sachs & Co. The lease rental revenue bond was purchased...